2024 crafter's delight - whatcha working on?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the rocks out of my tumbler today. Just picked up randomly on our walks. Our area is mostly gravel. See anything interesting? Before and After.
The green with pink looks like unakite. The rest are probably agates and jaspers, as those seem to be the most common type.

It was suggested unakite on a rockhound forum. I'm going to get a better tumbler than the Harbor Freight one. I've seen stones polished by a professional tumbler and they are shinier. They said their is a difference; also different brands of grit. Agates and jaspers are fine with me! And the quartz-y ones polished well. The long, dark one is glittery.

I made a counted cross stitch kite button. I'm not pleased with the tail. I need a finer linen to work on so the design is smaller. Hard to find nice linen around here. I might try to embroider one...
A little crafting in between husband's work schedule, spring yard work, invalid puppy, and needy little horse.

Attachments

• kite.jpg
    kite.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 0
I took off the bow and embroidered a tie instead. I think it looks better. Yes, I painted the "sky". I'm working on another one, not cross stitched but embroidered. I enjoy having a hand project I can just pick up or leave when convenient.
Busy time of year!

Latest posts

Back