2024 Hours Driven

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh! And the ADMC AGM was on Saturday while at the trade show. I'm seriously chuffed, my little donkey won the 2023 ADMC High Point Driving award! My very first belt buckle! I had to go out and buy a belt. And you know I found a yellow one! 😁
Phillippe Buckle.jpg

Yesterday, I took my boys, Rocky and Pepper out ground driving for about 1/2 an hour each. It seems like they're ready for the next step. Pulling a tire? Wood plank? Anyway, they appear to be more ready for the next step then I am !
That's fantastic! I've put a rope around the single tree of the board or tire I'm going to have them pull and then around my shoulders while I long line them so they hear the sound before it being attached to them. Once they're calm with that, I'll attach the traces to it. You're getting serious! That's really exciting.

Standards Equine - Hearty congratulations to you both! That is a wonderful accomplishment and gorgeous buckle. 🤩 Your yellow belt sounds perfect.😁
May you wear it happily for many years!

1roadtoad that is terrific! I imagine Pepper and Rocky have as much fun as you do ground driving. We used a tire with bolts that the harness lines snapped into and it worked well. The tire is a 16” tractor tire (small front tire) that weighs between 40# - 50#.

Oh! And the ADMC AGM was on Saturday while at the trade show. I'm seriously chuffed, my little donkey won the 2023 ADMC High Point Driving award! My very first belt buckle! I had to go out and buy a belt. And you know I found a yellow one! 😁
View attachment 51659
Congratulations!

Latest posts

Back