Biopsy of uterus?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YIKES! i've never had anything like that done.. I think just a exam and pap smear is relatively painful..couldn't imagine someone cutting something out of there without meds! I've also had ovary cysts and they HURT!

I'm trying HARD not to think about it but it's not easy. I just called and asked if I could have enough xanax to take a few days before to maybe help keep from getting really anxious / upset about it
default_sad.png
I am not looking forward to next Thursday.

Well, I have decided if I have to have that again, I want them to just take the uterus and do what they want to it. I don't want it anymore.

Take the pain pills Jill. I am sure that will help you. Let us know how it goes. Again, I am sorry if I scared
[SIZE=12pt]I'm with you Lara, I'm done having babies
default_rolleyes.gif
: . I've done a medicated and a 100% natural birth. If I have to have a procedure that hurts as bad as labor and likely still have a hysterectomy, they can just do the darn hysterectomy first![/SIZE]

Well, my procedure isn't to see if I need a hysterectomy or anything else but to see if it sheds light on why I've had 4 early miscarriages. We now think it's likely it was because I was undiagnosed with diabetes. I am not looking forward to having it done, though.

OK......I have come back and read this thread a number of times and I just have to wonder WHY they do not put you to sleep for this procedure. They no longer do colonoscopies unless you are asleep.....well, they might, but most people now get knocked out. If this is so painful, why would they put anyone through this? Is there a medical reason? This just doesn't seem right.

But I agree.........now that I have read this, I would have a hysterectomy before I would consider this procedure. Especially if they could not put me under.

Jill.....I will be thinking about you.

I can only add once agin maybe people need to stand up and be more assertive with Dr's sometimes especially if as a patient you have new information you would like clarified. Both my sister and I have had this procedure done SEDATED more than one! Two different Drs,2 differnt states! A lot of people don't like to challenge Drs but maybe because I shared classed in grad school and worked along side them for so long I have seldom held them in much highe status than my car mechanic and actually car models have changed more than human bodies over the years! If I have a concern or question and you are too busy or too superior to answer me (by the way although ins. pays the bulk, I PAY the co-pay, the ins company and anything the ins company doesn't PAY) then you are the wrong Dr for me. Its not a lack of respet by any means its a lack of seeing them one rung below God no matter how important they are in our lives! JMHO! Kel

wow i cant believe your doctors!!!

I had this done years ago and they had me take a darvon before coming and made sure i had a ride home. I have to say it was really not that painful and i was up and fine and it was very quick. Im sure the pain meds helped a lot. I cannot believe your guys drs didnt give you anything?? Honestly i cant imagine being put under total sedation for it as its so quick of a procedure. I absolutely hate being put under so for me just taking a pain pill is better.

i agree with mini when it comes to drs you have to be your own best advocate and demand proper care.

Latest posts

Back