Last Foal Of The Season

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverdance

Reaction score
But the Berry Fairy Won.

Beautifiul buckskin colt out of my Boones Little Andy daughter and Windchaser. Born last night at 10:00.

Introducing.....Riverdances Spirit Of The Wind

2a-8.jpg

1a-12.jpg

4a-4.jpg

He is 10 hours old in these shots

Congratulations on that beautiful boy
default_wub.png
I love buckskins!! Whew.....now you are done!!!

Oh Sue,is he ever gorgeous !!! Congratulations ! If it had to be a colt wow what a colt to have.....
default_wub.png

Like Alicia said, if you are going to have a colt, wow what a colt to have. Congrats he is stunning.

Nice note to end your foaling season on!!
default_biggrin.png
He's very nice!
default_wub.png
Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Congratulations! He is a pretty handsome boy!
default_wub.png
I love the name too!
default_yes.gif
Even though the colts edged ahead, this was a good year for you with fillies! What a great group of foals!
default_cheers.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
I wish I had one to play with like last year. It was great having Spirit here and we still miss him!
default_crybaby.gif
Now I am really going to find a day to come out and see the ones that I haven't yet. Congrats again.

Barb

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Congratulations.... Nice baby. I'm assuming that's "Cheese" foal????[/SIZE]

Yes it is. Everything I wanted, except for the sex.

I have had a sad history with poor Cheese. I bought her in foal to Little Kings Santana supreme. Got a very flaxen pretty chestnut filly. I named her Hit The Jackpot. The following year, bred to Windchaser I got a palomino colt. Very nice, sold him out west. Then I got my buckskin filly (Windchaser daughter) I wanted. Farm help that I had hired to take care of my horses while I was away, left several gates open one night and Windchaser and his girls got out into the road. I lived on a dirt road at the time, but still, the 10 day old filly and three other mares where killed. Two others were at the vets for a couple of weeks.

The following year, again bred to Windchaser I got a beautiful buckskin colt. He had a VERY rare birth defect. There is a band that crosses the esphagus that releases at birth. In 30 years my vet had never seen this, but the poor colts band never totally released and at 12 days old it was cutting off any food going into him. We had to put him down. Then the next year she did not have a foal, and last year she lost her foal (another colt, but out of Spotlight). This is a mare that for all of her life(she is 16 this year) she has had a colt one year, a filly the next. Well, since she had 2 colts in a row, I was sure I would get my Windchaser filly by her this year, so I tired. I wanted that buckskin filly back. Well, got the buckskin, just not the filly.

Do I try again next year, or take her to Desperado? That is my delema. Desperado is very refined and throwing very refined foals.

I think I will be taking her to Desperado, then if I have a filly, she can go back to Windchaser.

Latest posts

Back