My heart is broken

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebbieRank

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Debbie and I have never posted here before, mostly because I'm just not much of a talker. However I read these posts nearly every day trying to learn everything I can about situations that can come up so I can maybe know what to do if it ever happens to one of my babies. I want to thank you for sharing all your experiences.

About a year and a half ago I got my first minis - a handsome and gentlemanly older palomino pinto stallion named Sultan, a sweet natured little sorrel paint filly named Sugar and a gorgeous little solid black filly named Cash. I love them all so much it hurts.

Within six months we found out Sultan had developed cancer, and we lost him a few months ago. It was very hard and very sad, but at least he had had a fairly long life, and a good one, and was being relieved of his pain.

This morning my girls were having the time of their lives running in the pasture. Though smaller, Sugar is faster and always 'wins' the race. But not today. Today Cash won. She was flying so fast and turning to look back when she hit the fence and died instantly. We only know what happened because two neighbors saw it all.

My poor Sugar is calling and calling for her best friend and doesn't understand why she doesn't come. I cannot stop crying. My heart is broken and I am so so sad. I can't stand this and I don't understand it either. She was young and healthy and such a sweet girl. How do you survive this and go on?

My 'mini mentor' said maybe someone 'up there' needed her more than I did. I hope so. I hope there was a reason. There has to be a reason, doesn't there? Thank you for listening to me. I feel so lost and don't know what to do.

Debbie

Debbie, First I would like to WELCOME you to the forum. It always hurts so much when we lose one for no apparent reason, but we have to remember that God picks some very special horses to take home, and your is now romping in much greener pastures with you stallion, as hard as it is right now, you will be left with some wonderful memories of your horses. You sound like you really did love your horses, and this is a terrible accident to have happened. (((Hugs))) to you. Corinne

Debbie, First I would like to WELCOME you to the forum. It always hurts so much when we lose one for no apparent reason, but we have to remember that God picks some very special horses to take home, and your is now romping in much greener pastures with you stallion, as hard as it is right now, you will be left with some wonderful memories of your horses. You sound like you really did love your horses, and this is a terrible accident to have happened. (((Hugs))) to you. Corinne

Oh Debbie, I'm soo sorry... I know how you feel, I was in your shoes when we lost our mare Fantom.. Just know that it's ok to hurt and cry... Things like this have no explanation and it's so hard to understand how it could happen to "our" horse... Remember the memories you have of her, it'll help ease the pain... It seems hard now, but you'll make it through, and remember you have all of us here to help you or lend a shoulder to cry on... Feel free to email or pm me if you need too... *big hugs*

I am so sorry that you lost your dearly beloved horse. It is very heartbreaking indeed especially when one dies that way..... Lee & I experienced the loss of a show horse a few years back. We had planned on selling him after showing him for a few years but he got sick at a show & died within a week. There was something special about this little fella that was unique & I held a special place for him in my heart........ To keep the sadness from casting a shadow on everything else I had to keep reminding myself that it was not a family member.......................... As others here can relate the sadness will lessen - grieve but don't let the grieving push aside the other things & people that are important in your life................. I am glad that you could come to this forum in your time of need.... Welcome & bless you.

oh my goodness!!
default_sad.png
:no:
default_sad.png
I don't know what to say, other than that I am terribly sorry. Poor Sugar, without a buddie, and poor you without your horses. It is very hard for one to cope with the loss of any horse, especially those so dear to your heart as they were.
default_bye-sad.gif
:

Once you are ready to do so, I think Sugar may just be more comforted if you get her another stable mate. I know, no horse can replace Cash, but it may help with that "empty" feeling. When my mare lost her foal last week, she was walking around in circles calling for him, so we let our 4 dogs stay with her, and she seemed much more happy.

Once again, I am soooooooooo sooooooooooo sorry this had to happen to you and your sweet horses.

Best of wishes.

Debbie welcome also

i'm so sorry about what happened to your filly

i have tears in my eyes just reading your story

what an unfortunate accident :no: :no:

god does have plans for her,

and she is green pastures with no fences finishing that race

there are so many little ones that she has joined this year

godspeed peace with this for you and your family and just leave fond memories of your filly
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

((((HUGS))))))

lori

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I am so sorry to hear this about your precious little filly! I know it hurts, but it will with time get better.

The advise you have gotten so far is good. Take care and keep coming back.

Beth

I'm sorry you're hurting so.

I like to think there's an angel (maybe even a very young one) up there who now has a very special new friend to share their world.

May God bless you and help ease your grief.

:no: Oh Debbie, I am soooo very sorry. I can hear the terrible pain you are feeling, in your post. I wish there were words I could say to help ease the pain of your loss. (((((HUGS)))))

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry for your loss.
default_bye-sad.gif
:

I think for both yours and Sugar's sake you just need to love on her as much as humanly possible. It'll be comforting for both of you. Talk to her, pet her, cry on her shoulder. She knows you're hurting, too. You two need each other right now.

Hang in there, time will ease your pain.
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

I am so very sorry for this sudden tragic loss you've encountered.

As you must know, it is so much more difficult to get your heart around it when it's been so unexpected.

My thoughts are with you and I'm glad you chose to post even if it is under difficult circumstances.

It's nice to meet you and welcome from me.

Liz M.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss - how tragic. Accidents can happen no matter how safe you think your facilities are. My heart goes out to you - and your other little one.

I am hoping that your loved filly will be watching over the angel foals from this year - they need a friend that can tell them how much people love them - I know my little colt will walk side by side with your filly and learn all about the love that she had.

So sorry - hugs coming your way - from Canada
default_wub.png
:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing them so unexpectedly is always the hardest. My prayers are with you. Im in agreeance with your mentor, they must have needed her upstairs very badly. But when you are done down here, at least she'll be up there waiting for you!

Debbie,

I am so glad you chose to come here to share your loss. Yes, we do understand the pain you are feeling. And we do understand the pain you are experiencing watching Sugar with her grief as well.

Please talk to Sugar. Tell her what happened to Cash and give her lots of love.

Perhaps in time -- when you are ready, you can think about finding a friend for Sugar.....but only when you feel ready.

Blessings,

MA

:no: You certainly have my heart-felt condolences. No matter how we lose one of our "special" ones, it seems a little hole is left in your heart. A few years ago, we lost two horses in three days....one to EPM and a foal due to a red-bag birth. Stayed in my room with the shades drawn in mourning.

Allow yourself to grieve the loss, and it takes some time for the pain to subside.

Any change you would consider finding a friend for your little mare? Perhaps this'll get her mind off the loss of her friend.....and have a small herd situation which horses desperately need.

Of course....WELCOME to the Forum and hope you'll feel free to post. It's always nice to hear from new folks with a different/refreshing "take" on these wonderful little horses.

All the best,

Cindy

Latest posts

Back