New mare(s)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Songcatcher

Reaction score
Valliant, OK 74764 near Texas and Arkansas
My goal since I started raising Minis has been to produce the smallest possible, correctly conformed horses with the nicest temperment. I have somewhat limited space available and therefore have to sell some to replace with others that will better reach my goal. I have recently sold some very nice mares, but was able to replace them with some that better meet my goals.

I went to the High Hopes Auction at Guthrie, OK this past weekend and bought the following:

Fallen Ash Scouts Very Velvet - 1998 Silver Dapple mare registered as 31 inches, but measured in at 30.75. A direct daughter of L & D Scout and bred for 2010 to Mojolicas Leatherwood Dream Boy, a Bay Pinto son of Little Kings Leatherwood Buckeroo, and grandson of Buckeroo.

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

Also, my smallest yet, Bear Farms Scholars Bright Side - is a yearling filly and measures 26 inches. I expect her to mature around 28. She is at a bit of an awkward stage right now, but I know the bloodlines well and am confident she will fill out nicely.

Her sire is Bear Farms Gentleman And A Scholar, a 30 inch son of Bears Field Of Dreams (Multi Champion in AMHA), and her dam is Bear Farms Bright Side (a daughter of Bandit).

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

Songcatcher what a lovely mare you got ! I was at the sale and was looking at her she is super nice mare and

May i say you got a heck of a deal on that mare ! cant wait to see photos of that baby when it arrives next year

CONGRATS ! on your new kiddos ! they are lovely !

Congratulations Freeland!!

I wanted to go sooooo bad. There was several mares/fillies that I would have bid on and probably bought had I been there. But I was headed to the show at Stillwater and it was 4pm before I went by Guthrie. The sale was probably over by then.

I really wanted to see Lot #27.
default_smile.png

Congratulations. The Fallen Ash mare was one we were interested but it's such a looooong drive for us we opted not to. So next year you keep that bay pinto filly that mare is going to have to yourself.
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful girls Songcatcher congrats on your new additions. Love L&D Scout, fantastic to get an own daughter of him!!!!!

Latest posts

Back