Not good with colors at all.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gini

Reaction score
Cloud has started spotting out on his rump. Someone told me champagne appy?? I just don't know!

nancys4.jpg

Cloud after encounter with cactus.

nancy3.jpg

Cloud in winter coat

cloudtoday.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Champagne is hard to tell without being able to see his face. Can you post some other pictures, preferably from different seasons and clipped/unclipped? Thanks!

Leia

Do you have reason to believe he may be Champagne??

That could be any number of colours...hey, it's Appy, OK??
default_laugh.png

Would also love to see more pics as well as pics of sire and dam if at all possible---if no pics of sire and dam, can you tell me what colors they are thought to be??

pictures added on the first post

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be a perlino appy??? What color are the parents?

I just say perlino because of the blue eyes, my perlino mare you can kind of see her markings as her coat is a little darker than white, but still creamy colored.

Only a genetic DNA test can know for sure though!! That's why people give those labs their business!

Andrea

hmmm...its hard to tell on him. I want to say he's champagne (I know Ginny loves her champagnes) but by chance do you know if he might have cream in his pedigree as well?? His eyes are BLUE which makes me think non champagne because by his age they should be amber. BUT, maybe if there was cream in there too a champagne may retain the blue?? I'm not sure if it works this way...just a thought. I'll have to read up on my champagnes...

No idea on color, but in the pic of him walking looks like has a bald face as his jaw appears darker than the rest of his face

My perlino mare has little freckles all over her eyes and nose and "other parts" so I don't think that speckles on the skin is always indicative of champagne.

Andrea

I HAVE HAD TWO CHAMPAGNE FOALS BOTH WITH BLUE EYES... ONE THAT LOOKED LIKE A CREMELLO (SIRE WAS CREMELLO AND DAM WAS CHAMPGANE, HER SIRE IS A SPLASH OVERO) LAB TESTED WITH BLUE EYES TO BE A CHAMPAGNE CARRYING ONE COPY OF THE CREME GENE. I AGREE WITH PREVIOUS POSTS TO KNOW FOR SURE, TEST...

Latest posts

Back