Everyone keep Connie in your thoughts this weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting them home safely is a start. Then the real work will begin.

Sending my good thoughts for all the horses to have great homes and a healthier life.

So glad to hear they got there ok and that they are heading for better homes!!!! I hope they all make it ok and the trip is not too stressful on them. Poor little guys!! Thanks for the updates!

Just want to say thanks to everyone involved. Hope everyone gets home safe and all the little ones are ok. Prayers for all, particulary little PeaEye.

God Bless,

Barbie

Connie is still on the road. She doesn't expect to be home until about 1- 1:30 am.

She is really tired. So far so good.

Horses are now off the trailers and bedded down for the night. PeaEye and 2 of the pony's will be picked in the am for the short hour or so to his foster. He was the one we really worried about making this long trip. He is doing ok and is resting for the night.

A thank you to the KS Sheriff and Deputy for their hard work! I really wish all states had more officers like these two.

Connie will update with pictures of PeaEye and tell you all about her trip probably tomorrow. Thank you to all who have offered to help it is very much appreciated by everyone especially the horses.

~Gini~

Thanks for the update, Gini. I'm sure we'll all breathe easier once Connie arrives safely home tonight. So glad to hear the horses are doing well under the circumstances. CMHR is wonderful and you're all truly lifesavers.
default_wub.png
It's great that the KS authorities were so helpful in facilitating the rescue and transfer of these equines.

I am home! Or at least I think I am LOL.

All went well - it was just a LONNNNNGGGG ride! That's okay though -- we helped many and that feels good!

It was SO nice to meet Julie and her family and Dianne - THANK YOU SOOOOO VERY MUCH to the fosters that stepped up to take in these horses for CMHR. HUGS to every one of you. Thank you also to all of you who expressed interest but were unable to at this time. We appreciate you also!

I have to tell you all that I wanted to take little Pea Eye home with me (and by the way that name is awful
default_wacko.png
) I had a really hard time choking back the tears that wanted to leak from my eyelids. Especially when they told me that he looked much better than he did three weeks ago.
default_no.gif
I had to tell myself to think with my head and not my heart. 15 hours in the trailer to my house would be too much for the little one. What was best for him was to go on a shorter journey. He is going to the absolute best foster home and I just know he will be well in no time with their loving care.

I will post some photos of him when I get a minute. I have to run out and take care of my own babies.

Thank you so much to all of those that continue to support CMHR - we could not do what we do without all of you!
default_wub.png

Updated the post with the photos for you all. Here is our little Pea Eye. He is going to need some pretty intense care for a good while so if anyone can spare any extra change at this point in time it will really come in handy to help rehabilitate this little one along with another we are getting in from Tennessee. Thank you again so very much.

DSCN5090.jpg

DSCN5089.jpg

DSCN5088.jpg

DSCN5087.jpg

DSCN5086.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG,he looks BETTER than he did? That is totally hard to imagine. Bless you and all the foster homes for what you all are doing. No matter what happens with them now, they are in a better place and will at least know what love and a caring heart is.

I also have posted some pics of one of our other rescues that came in this week on the photo forum that you will find disturbing. A filly believed to be two.

If anyone would like to donate to help with their rehab, now would be a good time. Thank you.

If I were better situated I wouldn't hesitate to Foster one or two. I just don't have the room here to do it.

I will however see how much I have available at this time to contribute to the cause.

OMG,he looks BETTER than he did? That is totally hard to imagine. Bless you and all the foster homes for what you all are doing. No matter what happens with them now, they are in a better place and will at least know what love and a caring heart is.

laurie

I think PeaEye's body score was a 1 or maybe a smidge more. At least he is about a 2 now.

Amazing what a little food and a big dose of love will do!

I am horrified by the condition of that poor little horse. Connie, I'm so thankful you made it home safe and sound, and that all the people and horses made it safely to their destinations. I don't know how you kept your composure when you saw that little guy; I'm sure it was a challenge. Sending good thoughts and prayers (and a donation) for all the little ones CMHR rescued from this terrible situation.

Thanks for the update. I need to go hug my horses right now and give thanks for being able to take care of them.

I am horrified by the condition of that poor little horse. Connie, I'm so thankful you made it home safe and sound, and that all the people and horses made it safely to their destinations. I don't know how you kept your composure when you saw that little guy; I'm sure it was a challenge. Sending good thoughts and prayers (and a donation) for all the little ones CMHR rescued from this terrible situation.

Thanks for the update. I need to go hug my horses right now and give thanks for being able to take care of them.

Thank you Rebecca and everyone! Rescue is challenging yet rewarding. Little Pea Eye will never hurt again as long as he lives. I love that little horse. He is in the BEST foster home and will have his every need tended to. Thank you to all.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess what upsets me is to think this is a second go -round for Pea. Once was bad enough. I am so glad they are all safe now. Only the biggies to worry about.

Oh thank goodness for the rescue program you have done wonders for so many horses.

I guess what upsets me is to think this is a second go -round for Pea. Once was bad enough. I am so glad they are all safe now. Only the biggies to worry about.
The 2nd go round for him???? That's terrible. This time alone is bad enough, but to live through this twice? The poor little guy.

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank

Julie Miller, Nancy Witt, Kitty Campbell and Diane Prasek for assisting CMHR in this rescue.

I want to take my hat off to the entire CMHR Board Of Directors (especially Gini), to Kay Baxter for always looking out for CMHR, for every single person that donates to us, to the sheriff's department in Kansas, to Karen Everhart of Rainbow Meadows Rescue for her tireless efforts in this particular rescue and anyone that has taken the time to send good thoughts our way. God Bless you one and all. I sure hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

Latest posts

Back