On the phone with Marty right now.. I think we

• Thread starter Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis

need to make a point of remembering Dan, Dan is feeling a bit lost in the shuffle and she really feels that Dan could use some cards adressed just to him, a phone call if you can swing it just for him. Not only is he dealing with his own grief but watching his parents grieve as well. He has his friends around him but I think a few phone calls from those that feel so inclined and some cards adressed just to Dan might help.

Marty is doing much better this morning in fact I am tons less worried about her now after the conversation we are having now of course she still needs to talk about everything but she is again much better.

Once again she is astounded at the outpouring of love and support and cant thank you all enough.

[SIZE=18pt]My card was addressed to all 3 of them. I know how he feels. When I lost my Aunt ( who was like a mother to me) I felt the same way. He does need to know we care about him as well. No one ever really helped me through it and I think that's why I have such a hard time now. As I write this I've got tears welling up in my eyes. I'm very emotional, much more that I used to be. I know my family loved me, but we never talked about it. I agree with Lisa, let Dan know you're here for him too.[/SIZE]

Christy

Lisa,

I agree with Marty about Dan, he looked lost. His eyes were so swollen from the many tears.. I don't think that Daniel strayed too far from his parents side. I told him that he was going to be getting alot of mail so get ready to write back. He just smiled. What a handsome boy. He is a hugger.. and he had friends that circled him most of the nite.

Glad to hear that Marty is feeling better. I know that Tam will be at the funeral service.

Lara

I'll send a card addressed to Dan only today.

He is a neat kid both of those boys were/are full of fun just like their mom.

Definitely, Lisa...... I also addressed the card to each of them. And when I called on Sunday, I asked for Dan but he wasn't there. I told Marty I would call again after the funeral and try to get him.

I too remember what it was like being the sibling "left behind".....and I was one year younger than Dan when MY brother (also named Dan) was killed.

Thank you for the heads up......

MA

I tried calling a few times yesterday but the line was busy, so I ended up writing letters that got sent with the box I put in the mail yesterday afternoon.

There is a letter addressed just to Dan, hopefully it will help some.

I will try and call again in a couple of days.

<MA I kept trying to PM you and it kept knocking me off. I think it would be wonderful if you could give him a call since you have been there yourself. It would really mean lot to him!

ok, I think I will send him a Card and some candy
default_smile.png
. Some Norwegian chocolates, the best chocolates in the world :lol:

I wondered.
default_sad.png
I'm an only child and while I enjoy it I've always noticed the special relationship all the siblings around me have. It's something no one else can ever share. You've got the same blood, the same experiences, the unique inside jokes and special feeling of knowing you came out of the same womb. There is the unspoken expectation that you will always be there for each other and that someday you will be "Uncle Dan" and that your brother will be your best man at your wedding, etc. I can't imagine how incredibly lonely and lost he must feel to suddenly have that ripped away from him. No nieces and nephews some day, no best man, no commiserating through the years. Alone. It must be horrible. I think Dan has my sympathy even more than Marty and Jerry because he is the one who will be forgotten in the shuffle and has to deal with their grief as well as his own, and his may be overshadowed.

EVERYONE suffers with something like this.

Leia

I sent a card to Marty, Jerry and Dan. I wish I could do more!

Lisa,

Yes......I will talk to Dan. I also plan to call Marty again. I felt I should wait til after the funeral.

I am hoping that Dan has someone close by that has some brains that can be a support for him. Both my YOUNGER brother and I were lucky. Two different friends of my older brother stepped in and took us under their wings. My Dan's best friend took me over. And a longtime female friend of Dan's took my younger brother in. We probably would have done something stupid otherwise..........mostly because my folks were in such shock they couldn't take in everything happening to both them AND us....... I was 16 and my little brother was 14 at the time.

I remember going to my folks at one point and (stupidly) saying "Why couldn't it have been ME? Dan was so GOOD."

Of course I was blasted out of the water by my father for that.

MA

Lisa ...thanks for posting...I plan on sending a card and a donation when I get back home....I will also send Dan a seperate card. I do think that is important

I sent Dan a card and a gift card to a local store. I found that getting out in public into stores,

took my mind off of what was happening at home.

Thank you to those who suggested doing something separate for Dan!!! This group is awesome!!!! :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back