Barn Progress

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
We're getting there - this weekend we turn our clocks back and it'll be dark at 5pm - oh how I hate that! Leave in the dark and come home in the dark - our employers should change their hours! LOL

We made some progress on the office too! Stays somewhat messy during construction but won't complain as it's progress just the same. LOL

Inside lights are done now - even up in the loft - just need the security dusk-to-dawn installed on the outside so we don't break our necks trying to get to the light switches inside:

october272009027.jpg

october272009029.jpg

october272009021.jpg

october272009016.jpg

october272009018.jpg

october272009022.jpg

october272009032.jpg

october272009025.jpg

october272009030.jpg

october272009031.jpg

october272009037.jpg

october272009028.jpg

OMG!!! IT is sooooo beautiful! I am green with envy but soooo happy for you!

Robin

LOL. I looked at the pictures and thought geeze those are short walls and how on earth did you get EVERY SINGLE horse to look over the wall at the time the picture was taken.

Then I saw that they were Horse Heads alright just not the ones I thought I was seeing at first.

Beautiful Barn. Congrats.

Oh my gosh, It looks so user friendly..I love it!!

The buckets hanging on the out side of the stall...are they there just ready to fill w/food? water? then placed back over into the stall....or are they just extra buckets....Im always looking for neat ideas and was just wondering if Im missing out on something good LOL Thanks

Thanks - I'm laughing about the horse heads - I can see how it looks. LOL We wanted something to cover the posts so we got those. They have a ring on them that we can hang the halter for each horse (based on size that fits that horse in the stall), and we hang the feed buckets. We use the 5 gal flatback buckets for water and they stay in the stall permanently in the corner. The ones hanging on horseheads are for grain. We have an eyehook inside the door and the buckets hang from the horsehead with a double ended clip - that then gets hooked onto the eye inside the door. We can go down the isle and fill all the buckets - then reach over the door and hook them on in each stall. I have this fear of leaving them inside for heads to get hooked on and some freak accident. We wait for all the slowpokes to finish and pickup all the buckets. The grandbabies can't reach over just yet so they have to open the door to hook or unhook buckets. But it makes it great for little ones to help.

Right now, only weanlings in the barn. They are way past weaning really but we like them close at hand to work with daily.

For the stalls, we started with 12x12 and then divided them down the center to make two 6x12 stalls. The center wall has a gate at the end against the wall which we can open and latch to the back wall. This allows both stalls to exit through stall door into the pasture or if you have them closed in, they have more room and can still play and groom eachother.

These babies know which stall is theirs - they come right on in where they need to be.

Thanks for the compliments - we're still working at it but I think we'll be done in time for foaling season starting in February! I hope so anyway

Awwwww Whitetail, you are making my heart sing! What a gorgeous piece of architecture you have built for your lovely stock. Warm and cozy in the winter, and cool and airy in the summer. What more could any horse want? Fabulous, simply fabulous! I can see you smiling!

Very nice looking barn, love the layout, and those John Deere Gators are the BEST for having a farm, we just love ours, congrats on your barn
default_smile.png

Beautiful Barn!! I am jealous!! I want one like it and to fill it up with little ones!! Money-I need more of it Ha

I'm jealous at the lack of mud!! LOL! I'm so sick of mud and it's only Oct. 30th!

Congrats on the continued progress!

Wow, I love it!! It doesn't look very big in the first pic but after seeing the other pics it looks huge, how many stalls do you have?

Thanks for the nice comments - not one to qualify for any magazine mind you - but it serves its purpose and we're pretty tickled we've done it ourselves. Hopefully with it being dark at 5pm now, we can start finishing the office and have it completed before cold weather as we're getting heat in it! yippee!

We have 14 stalls now because two stalls were replaced with the 12x12 office. Our stalls are 6x12 as we started with 12x12 and then divided them down the center. The entire barn dimensions are 36 wide x 48 long. We have a loft in the upper portion of the barn.

I'm sure lovin those lights! and the concrete floor is so different! Dry and tight with no air coming in under the doors! Perhaps that will keep those racoons and such out this year! LOL

default_new_shocked.gif
What a great barn!!!!! I want one like that someday...we built ours too, but it is nothing like that!
default_sad.png

Wow the barn has turned out fantastic. I bet the girls love playing in it and a loft too. Boy the heat in the office will be good for a warm up on those cold winter days. 14 stalls, that is great! Can't wait to see it in person.
default_smile.png
Awesome job, great designing.

Latest posts

Back