Bellcrown Cart fitting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldenTree

Reaction score
I’m a new driver and thinking about a bell crown but the ones designed for minis all say fits up to 36” and the horse I’m with is 38”.
Would this be a matter of wheel size? Or would it likely fit the 38” pony?

I would think wheel size and shaft size. Also how it balances. I don't think one size really fits all for harnesses or carts. Just being a little over 36" doesn't mean it won't work. And being 36" doesn't mean it will either.

I'd get all the measurements of the cart against all the measurements of your pony. I'd tend to go a little bigger with carts, for example, I'd buy a small pony cart rather than a mini cart for our 36" mare. I'm glad I did. It was way more comfortable for her and my daughter to drive in. Balance was just kept a bit higher. Although the shafts were a bit wide, that's not an issue to get narrowed. All in all, unless you're going to get a custom build, it seems there's some element of customization that will need to be done with a commercial cart.

Latest posts

Back