Boardjoring

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kahn and I went out a few days ago, to a trail that we have done often.

Heading out, life was normal and relaxed. We seen a deer towards the end of the trail, which was pretty awesome.

On our way back to the trailhead, Kahn become very alert. His normal alert is ears forward, but this was full on, I'm ready to leave, alert😳.

I got off the board and went to his head. Pet him and comforted him. I had to lead him and several times had to really encourage him to keep him headed forward.

I've known him for 20years and have never seen him this way...ever.

I kept a lookout to see if I could hear, smell or see anything, but I'm a human, so...

He tried to bolt as we passed the scary place, but calmed down a few yards later. Still alert, but willing to listen.

Then about a half mile later he became super concerned again. This time I could see a person walking their dog ahead. I had to get off the board and comfort him again and really coax him to keep going towards the dog. He loves dogs, so this was so out of character for him.

We arrived back to the trailhead without any other monsters.

I have a feeling that there was a cat that crossed the trail after our first trip by, and that's what had him on edge.

Was an interesting experience to say the least.

Attachments

• InShot_20240801_183442375.mp4
    14.3 MB
Kahn and I went out a few days ago, to a trail that we have done often.

Heading out, life was normal and relaxed. We seen a deer towards the end of the trail, which was pretty awesome.

On our way back to the trailhead, Kahn become very alert. His normal alert is ears forward, but this was full on, I'm ready to leave, alert😳.

I got off the board and went to his head. Pet him and comforted him. I had to lead him and several times had to really encourage him to keep him headed forward.

I've known him for 20years and have never seen him this way...ever.

I kept a lookout to see if I could hear, smell or see anything, but I'm a human, so...

He tried to bolt as we passed the scary place, but calmed down a few yards later. Still alert, but willing to listen.

Then about a half mile later he became super concerned again. This time I could see a person walking their dog ahead. I had to get off the board and comfort him again and really coax him to keep going towards the dog. He loves dogs, so this was so out of character for him.

We arrived back to the trailhead without any other monsters.

I have a feeling that there was a cat that crossed the trail after our first trip by, and that's what had him on edge.

Was an interesting experience to say the least.
That’s scary. So glad all ended well

Latest posts

Back