Color Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonny

past member - Someone just shoot me!
Reaction score
Dam is a Bay tobiano Sire is a black tobiano What color is this foal? He has a gray hue on the end of some fur and his back legs are that gray color.

16-09900pm019.jpg

16-09900pm016.jpg

16-09900pm010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
True blacks are alwasy born gray. At least that is what the experts told me and that is how my colt was. Hope this helps, he is very cute!

Nancy

He is a black!

Jet blacks are born jet black.

Some people call these raven black.

Thanks Yall

I was thinking he was fading black but wasnt sure.

How does he look confo wise?

Saw the title of this and thought Bonny had foaled LOL
default_laugh.png

Hes cute and definately black

Congrats!

Hey Holly...where did this little beauty come from? He is definitely BLACK and gorgeous!!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub He looks just like my arab gelding when he was little
default_yes.gif

Thanks Shelly, sent you a pm.

I am surprised he has no snip, star or blaze. Not even a hint of white on the topside! 4 black hooves.

I did notice both back legs are gray where as the 2 front are dark. Is that typical or will he end up lighter back there?

In the sunlight he has red hue, maybe a dark bay?

ShyBaby015.jpg

No he's black.

Black can be any colour born, there is no discernable difference between Non Fading and Fading, but usually the greyish foals go a real deep Black when they shed and the foals born Deep Black go Grey!!! (of course there has to be a Grey parent)

Thanks for the replys yall.

I am in Love He is so sweet!

It's interesting that with two tobiano parents he did not end up tobiano. Unless one or both are homozygous for tobiano, there is 25% chance of the foal being born solid...which in this case came to be
default_laugh.png

He is a beautiful black colt!

Lisa,

I know! I cant believe it either! I was so sure we would have paint!

I dont think its going to happen though......
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back