Crockpot Recipes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryFlora

Staff member
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
This good idea came up on having a crockpot recipe thread (from the thread ‘Barn Time’), there by giving us more barn time and a hot meal during these upcoming colder months. 😁

There are so many internet sites available with recipes of all sorts, but it is great to get some from the horse’s owner’s mouth, so to speak. 😂

The following is one I stumbled over this past summer and we all really enjoyed it with no leftovers, plus it was super easy and fairly affordable.

Pork tacos:

* 3 - 4 # pork roast
* Spices to taste
* 1 16 ounce jar of mild taco salsa
Season the pork with any dry seasonings you enjoy, then place in crockpot.
Pour entire jar of salsa over the roast.
Set crockpot on low and let cook 8 hours. If it goes longer no worries

I did have the usual taco/burrito accompaniments along with rice.

This good idea came up on having a crockpot recipe thread (from the thread ‘Barn Time’), there by giving us more barn time and a hot meal during these upcoming colder months. 😁

There are so many internet sites available with recipes of all sorts, but it is great to get some from the horse’s owner’s mouth, so to speak. 😂

The following is one I stumbled over this past summer and we all really enjoyed it with no leftovers, plus it was super easy and fairly affordable.

Pork tacos:

* 3 - 4 # pork roast
* Spices to taste
* 1 16 ounce jar of mild taco salsa
Season the pork with any dry seasonings you enjoy, then place in crockpot.
Pour entire jar of salsa over the roast.
Set crockpot on low and let cook 8 hours. If it goes longer no worries

I did have the usual taco/burrito accompaniments along with rice.
What a great idea. I like having new ideas to try. This sounds delicious .

My favorite crock pot dish is pork and sauerkraut. Put in some pork. I like country style ribs but it works fine with any pork. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and crumbled up dried mushrooms. Cover with sauerkraut. Pour one beer on top. Or a hard cider if you are gluten free. Chops or boneless ribs could be done in 6 hours but anything bigger should have 8.
But I also recently found out you can just put an entire chicken in there. Just a whole chicken, season, 8 hours later it's delicious.

I haven't made this one in a long while but it's one of my favorites for potlucks:
Chicken 'N Biscuits
Dump 4 ish chicken breasts on top of a can of cream of chicken soup with about a half can of milk
Sprinkle on whatever frozen veggies you like, corn, peas, etc
Cook for a few hours until the chicken is fully cooked through. You can then mix it all up and shred the chicken or leave it as is.
Grab a tube of Pilsbury biscuits and cover the chicken in a layer of biscuit dough. Cover and let cook fully. Spoon up and enjoy!

Latest posts

Back