Does anyone recognize this horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Bits

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for anyone who may recognize this fellow. A friend bought him from a auction in New Holland, PA (I think). He bought him within the last week or so. He was a stallion and was gelded before he was shipped up here to Mass. To make a long story short he was being shipped all over and I felt sorry for him, so I have him for a few weeks until I hopefully can get him sold. I think he really did save him from a life of who knows what or the killers. He is a nice well mannered little guy about 30 inches. about the age of 4 or 5. He is put together rather well. I am looking to find any one who may know who he is or where he is from. We do not know his name and are calling him Mickey Mouse. He didn't come with papers, but he seems like he could have been shown. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou again.

2rop0cn.jpg

25f21bl.jpg

inydqt.jpg

nwhw84.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know him but he is cute fellow.
default_wub.png

Hopefully someone can help you out.

In the past, we at CMHR were able to find the identity of a couple of horses through their coggins test and then also contacting the auction people. It isn't easy but it can be doable sometimes. This little boy of yours had to have a coggins somewhere. Start there and call the vet that pulled it. Good luck.
default_saludando.gif

Having a mare myself that came straight from the New Holland Auction I can tell you that the auction people will not help you! They are miserable and don't care one bit about helping anyone! They are there as a business NOT for a love of horses that's for sure!!

Most likely the coggins test you have is one that was pulled right before he shipped out of New Holland and will only have the vet's info that works there.

Your only hope at finding his info from the auction house is this...do you know the exact date he was run threw AND you will need to know what # he had on him. If you have both of those things call them NOW and ask. If you wait to long they will simply tell you its been to long to find out!

From my own experience in trying to find where my mare came from I can tell you do NOT start telling them that you felt bad for him or you rescued him etc....they will right away decide you are a nut (because you actually care) and blow you off! Maybe you could say something like your shipper misplaced the reg papers and you want to contact the previous owner to see if they can be replaced...or something.

I rescued one of 30 pregnant mini broodmares back in Dec and called the auction to see if I could find out who had sent them all there. I was desperate to find out when she was due to foal. They rudely told me they couldn't remember a herd of 30 Miniature horses that were brought in the week before!!! She pretty much hung up on me!!

I hope you have better luck then I did!!!!

You can always post his pics on dreamhorse.com too under "missing horses". Good luck!!

He sure is cute!

Tammy

Hi, Yes the person who bought him also pulled the coggins so that rules out the vet. He also tried to find out how he ended up down there, but he couldn't get any info. There were a few in the sale that day. Nobody really offered any info on him as to weather he drives or not. I thought if I posted him on here, that someone maybe by the off chance would who he is. He is a very friendly little guy and if I didn't already have a couple I would probably keep him. He was well kept and didn't look ratty. And he is quite well mannered. Maybe I'll get lucky

Latest posts

Back