Gardening

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our war against nematodes as escalated. We are using mineral tubs on top of the tires. Raised beds on raised beds! This bad nematode is a round worm. They can climb a little but we doubt they can make it up into the tubs. I've already planted lettuce, kale, and beets and they are already popping up! I am getting excited about gardening again. Ordered more seeds!

Attachments

• tubs in garden.jpg
    tubs in garden.jpg
    1,004.9 KB · Views: 0
Belated but sincere congratulations on your State Fair wins! That is outstanding!!!

A win at the State Fair level is a big deal and I hope you celebrated!

🏆 🥇 💐

Our war against nematodes as escalated. We are using mineral tubs on top of the tires. Raised beds on raised beds! This bad nematode is a round worm. They can climb a little but we doubt they can make it up into the tubs. I've already planted lettuce, kale, and beets and they are already popping up! I am getting excited about gardening again. Ordered more seeds!
What a pain the nematodes are! I hope the double raised beds are solution:)

Caught 3 mice so far and a rat. Had to replant the beets as there were only little red stems sticking up. Hopefully we can control the rodents and get a crop.
Pepper, our RAT terrier, is hopeless at controlling the rodents as she is scared of them.
Worked at thinning the 4 o'clocks so other flowers can be seen. The beds looks so much better pruned back. I will have to pull up a dwarf spruce--spruce do not do well in OK. I might plant another weeping yaupon in its place--that has done well for me and it has berries for the birds.

Latest posts

Back