Got A New Halter!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O So

Reaction score
I bought a new Western style halter off Ebay! I was thrilled that it fits him good!!!
default_biggrin.png
I have such a hard time finding halters for him, that fit that is!!

Here are a few pics! ( Of course lol ) As you can see he just loves it!
default_biggrin.png

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

Now I just need to break it in! It's kind of stiff!

Yes he's styling now! There's nothing too good for Oso, he's got him a fancy new show halter and he looks adorable. Try to bring it up a notch on his nose if there is room under his jaw because its hanging down a bit too far on his face.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to bring it up a notch on his nose if there is room under his jaw because its hanging down a bit too far on his face.
default_wub.png
Ok, thanks! I will put a couple more holes in the "poll" strap! ( not sure if that is the correct name for the area goes over his ears)
default_wacko.png
I just need to find my leather hole punch!!
default_biggrin.png

Nice halter. I agree with Marty, but it is the nose band that you need to loosen so you can bring it up more on his face.

Robin

Nice halter. I agree with Marty, but it is the nose band that you need to loosen so you can bring it up more on his face.

Robin

The nose band is solid though! The only way I can adjust it is to put holes in the part that goes over the ears, to make the halter go up higher, which would bring the nose piece up higher too! I think?

Thats a very smart headcollar and he looks great in it. But I think what Marty means is that normally minis have to wear headcollars that are fully adjustable - nosebands and under neck 'strap' as well as the main head piece. To fit your headcollar correctly you would need to loosen both the noseband and the under neck strap to enable you to lift the whole thing higher up his nose. The noseband should sit just under the end of his cheek bones - any lower than this and it is possible for the naughty 'ones' to rub themselves out of their headcollars, which can actually be quite dangerous for them. Sorry, but you cannot just make more holes in the top head strap as in pulling the headcollar up higher, you will make it too tight under his throat - and of course too tight round his nose. (It is important not to put anything round his nose that might cause his 'cheeks' to rub against his teeth at any time in his life, but particularly during his 'teething' years)

It is such a lovely headcollar so could you perhaps take a few measurements and then take it to a saddler and get them to make some 'additions' to the nose and under his throat to make it a perfect fit for him?

Anna

This should help you out

Thanks for the links! There are a lot of good videos there!!

I will try take measurements and get the halter made to fit him better!! Thanks for all the tips!! Maybe I can get them to put an adjustable lower strap on it!!!

Thanks again!!

I have found that a western curb Strap not the chain, is a good replacement chin strap for a mini halter they are adjustable and usually the right size. The hard part is finding the exact color you need.

Karen

Latest posts

Back