Barn time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRACYQH

Reaction score
Since getting Mira Monday I've spent most of my free time in the barn. I'm like a kid again. I come home from work, rush thru house chores then run to the barn. She has been such a boost to my physical and mental health. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. My mother raised Quarter Horses and Paints and I showed since I was 5-28 years old. I was ALWAYS in the barn, then I started a family and the horses went to the wayside. Our sons showed goats and cattle, so I still was in the barn, but it wasn't the same. I didn't have "my" space. I spent the evening cleaning, preparing a grooming box, hung cross ties, set up the brushes, sprays, etc. Mira seemed to like her new spa area. Thankfully, I had thrown a stew in the crockpot or dinner might have had to be takeout.😉 Anyone else crave the quietness of barn time?

😁 Doesn’t sound crazy at all TRACYQH! We probably all have had or have struggles and our horses help us navigate through each day calming us and helping us refocus when needed - plus they are so darn much fun!

Crock pots are great! I wonder how many of us have a crockpot? It’s a great barn tool. 😋

I hear you candycar!

We should have a crockpot recipe thread so we can spend more time with the ponies and know our families will still have a meal to eat! I'm all for my instant pot too! Just got an air fryer. I think it should be called a countertop convection oven, cause that's really what it is.
Anyways... My alone barn time is rare. Since I have a teenage daughter who is nearly as much a horse girl as her mom, there's always someone else horsing with me. However, if she didn't like horses, I'm not sure what we'd do together. It's not that she's forced to, it's that it's what I've always done and what I like to do and I get to have my "me" time too! So good for you @TRACYQH !!!

We should have a crockpot recipe thread so we can spend more time with the ponies and know our families will still have a meal to eat! I'm all for my instant pot too! Just got an air fryer. I think it should be called a countertop convection oven, cause that's really what it is.
Anyways... My alone barn time is rare. Since I have a teenage daughter who is nearly as much a horse girl as her mom, there's always someone else horsing with me. However, if she didn't like horses, I'm not sure what we'd do together. It's not that she's forced to, it's that it's what I've always done and what I like to do and I get to have my "me" time too! So good for you @TRACYQH !!!

Latest posts

Back