How far apart are barrels and poles?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Bits

Reaction score
Can any one tell me how far apart you space cloverleaf pattern and pole bending poles? And how far the distance from the start to the first barrel or pole should be?

Thanks for any info we need it for a up coming show.
default_saludando.gif

Hi ,

The Barrel patterns do not have a standard as they set the pattern according to the size of the arena and such.. General the barrels are at least 15 ft. off the fence ..

Now as far as the pole bending pattern , 21 foot from the timer and then 21 foot between each pole and there are 6 poles. .. if my memory serves me right..

I just want to point out that for PINTO shows, where Gymkhana DRIVING classes are offered, the patterns are set according to the rule book (no distance set for poles, but there is for barrels). So be sure you know and specify if the barrels and poles are to be driven or led!!

Thankyou so much. The classes will be led. There won't be any driving classes this time around. We have to wait and see how it goes and then maybe we could add them in. Thankyou all again.

Latest posts

Back