Insurance at non-horse outings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will be taking Dapper Dan to a Heritage antique tractor show next month and give cart rides. The Show chairman called me and said their event insurance will not cover animals. So I called State Farm, thinking our home owner's insurance would cover us. They called the underwriter, and I found out we need to add a rider to our home owner's policy for Dapper Dan's outings. We have a nursing home visit scheduled also. We've never had any trouble at all the events we've gone to, but I suppose we'd better protect ourselves.

Instead of investigating every event host, it would be easier to just insure ourselves.

You can add to your home owner insurance policy. There are some Equine Insurance Companies that have liability insurance. I have had insurance policies with horses in the past I have use this company they might be able to point you in the right direction. www.vangundy.com/equine.htm

Also do you have a Homestead Act on your home. In my state it protects homeowners from losing there homes in case you are sued, so you cannot lose your home.

Latest posts

Back