Letting go--a little

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My cart is gone and I've been cleaning up the harness. I wasn't going to part with it, but leather things need to be used and enjoyed. Good thing I got it out as there were a dozen mud dauber nests on the leather and the bag!! Gave it all a good wash and everything looks great. Harnesses are never static--tweaks come and go. I had to find the extra parts I exchanged or never used and figure out what leather pieces went with what! Only one chicago buckle, thank goodness!!
I doubt I will ever use the headstall with blinders on Billy. He does not like them and I don't go anywhere I need them. So, not sure I will keep that bridle, either. It's making me very sad. Over a year now. I have never missed a person, except my dad, as much as I miss Dapper Dan.
I'm thinking of spiffing up the sulky now. Maybe have the wheels powder coated like the cart. Took the tassels off DD's bridle and they will go on Billy's now. New horse era!

My cart is gone and I've been cleaning up the harness. I wasn't going to part with it, but leather things need to be used and enjoyed. Good thing I got it out as there were a dozen mud dauber nests on the leather and the bag!! Gave it all a good wash and everything looks great. Harnesses are never static--tweaks come and go. I had to find the extra parts I exchanged or never used and figure out what leather pieces went with what! Only one chicago buckle, thank goodness!!
I doubt I will ever use the headstall with blinders on Billy. He does not like them and I don't go anywhere I need them. So, not sure I will keep that bridle, either. It's making me very sad. Over a year now. I have never missed a person, except my dad, as much as I miss Dapper Dan.
I'm thinking of spiffing up the sulky now. Maybe have the wheels powder coated like the cart. Took the tassels off DD's bridle and they will go on Billy's now. New horse era!
That must of kept you busy and taken some time but I'm sure it looks great.
I lost Hershey about the time you lost DD. Know I feel your sadness. I'm so glad you have Billy. I like Cayuse's idea of adding a tassel and they will add smiles to all that see you drive by.😊

Latest posts

Back