Mare in foal 7 mos along

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
Hey,

I have had several foals born here. I have seen alot of different stuff. I have had mares do fine birthing and others need help.I have had mares abort one year bad year
default_no.gif
. I have only one foal coming this year, that I am so excited about after a bad 2 yrs.This mare is due end of april first of may by the stud I used to own.

My question is she was running and playing fine on sat.

Today she ate fine. I try to feel the foal kicking daily. The foal was kicking alot last week.I noticed this week it isn't kicking as much. This morning my ate feed fine and hay. I love to watch my minis, so I was watching that she was staying away from the herd today. I went out one time she was rolling some. My vet said give her some banamine. I watch her she did fine. I just went to check on her again at 7 tonight, she is standing by the tree away from the herd again. I know I worry alot,but I am not sure what she is doing. This mare in 08 foaled 3 weeks early.I know some mare start staying away from the herd before they foal. Why else would she be doing this?

I pray she not trying to colic or abort.

I had a mare act this way one time she abort at 7 mos because the colt got his cord around his neck so the mare abort.

I pray my mare and foal will be okay.

Please keep them in mind

what would you all do?

My vet said the watch her for now since she isn't acting colicing

I know I worry alot, but sometimes I am right and sometimes I am wrong.

i pray I am wrong this time.I pray I am just worring for nothing.

tHIS MARE IS 5 YRS ALMOST 6 YRS OLD. SHE HAS HAD ONE FOAL BACK IN 08

HELP

PLEASE PRAY
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

PS THIS MARE WAS BREED SEVERAL TIMES LAST YEAR, DO YOU THINK SHE COULD HAVE GOT BRED EARILIER AND STILL LET THE STUD BRED HER. THE LAST BREEDING SHE WAS IN A LONG TIME. I THINK THE BREEDER SAID THEY BRED HER 7 TIMES, SO SHE WAS IN FOR 2 WKS.SHE IS IN FOAL,BECAUSE I HAVE FELT THE FOAL KICKING. SHE DON'T HAVE A UDDER YET.

I am in tearing worring. I want this foal so bad. those who know my story will understand why.

Last edited by a moderator:
what would you all do?

Sit back, observe, say a little prayer and hope for the best.

Beyond that,you are doing all you can.

Remember, they go through stages, sometimes they are a bit uncomfortable and it isn't much more than that. Sometimes the foals are extremely active, other times you won't be there at the right time and may not feel movement for an entire week (or more).

Unless she actually aborts, there's not much else you can do.

I'll be sure to send some prayers your way.

what would you all do?
Sit back, observe, say a little prayer and hope for the best.

Beyond that,you are doing all you can.

Remember, they go through stages, sometimes they are a bit uncomfortable and it isn't much more than that. Sometimes the foals are extremely active, other times you won't be there at the right time and may not feel movement for an entire week (or more).

Unless she actually aborts, there's not much else you can do.

I'll be sure to send some prayers your way.

Refresh my memory about how they act if they are aborting. It has been 3 yrs since that happen.

keep praying everyone please

i am stress already. I have to go on monday for mri and nerve test on my shoulder.

I need good news for a change.

I haven't gotten my new stud yet, so I know it isn't from stress.

I haven't change anything in her diet either. I gave her wormer last sunday is the only thing I have done different

My new stud is coming week of feb 11

Just cause she was bred 7 times doesnt me she was in for 2 weeks. She could of been in normal time and they just bred her a lot.

YOu cant stop anything from happenin if its going to.

That said the further mine get along the more they want to be left alone.

My horses are starting to shed here and some of them have been rolling to give themselves a scratch. Sometimes mares roll to reposition the baby if he is in an uncomfortable spot. Several of my mares will quite often go off and stand alone for abit and I remember when I was pregnant sometimes I wanted some quiet time alone too. You are worried and stressing over this foal so any little thing makes you wonder and I don't blame you but try to relax. Don't read more into it than she actually presents to you. What Carolyn said: Sit back, observe, say a little prayer and hope for the best.
default_smile.png

I am in tearing you gals and guys are great.

Thanks for the prayers I need them me and my mare.

Good Lord willing the mare and foal will be fine

She is shedding, I notice today. I brush her and groom to make her feel better then after that is when she roll.I pray the earilier rolling was from the shedding.This mare has been a easy keeper in the past.

I guess I am worried because she is along that isn't like her.

the black pinto mia is this mare's first foal.

my luck isn't been the best lately.

My dog was at the vet this week as well, my dog has kidney and bladder infection along with liver level is high.I am a little stress about my pets right now.My pets are my therapy and I LOVE THEM LIKE MY CHILDREN.

I'm having a day just like you today. My mare is 8.5 months along and just wasn't her self all day. I have the cameras on her now just in case. Her teats aren't full but her mamory (sp) glands are bulging at the end of her stomach just before her teats. Should I call the vet??? I'm lost here, any help would be loved.

aww
default_sad.png
. Dont stress yourself too bad. Im sure she is just fine. Some of our mares will stand alone or be in the run-ins by theirselves. Our horses are shedding also. I will be praying and thinking of you and your mare. Think happy thoughts!

i just went to check on my mare. She is in the pasture eating some grass.This mare staying in the pasture daily, because she don't like to be stall. i pray she is okay.

You know how it is when you want something so bad that is close by so far away.

The waiting is the hardest part.

These mares like to keep us on our toes
default_biggrin.png

okay

I just went to look up her breeding dates from the breeder.

May 9 and May 10

Then she went out.

They rebred her May 30, June 1, June 3, June 5, June 7 and June 9

So when do you think she is due?

How many months do you think she is?She could be 8 mos right

So if she is okay when would you give her pre foaling shots?

This mare foaled 3 weeks early last time with no udder.

Okay when is our due dates?

i was told she would be due around April 30 to May 11

Go to the main page of LB, right below mini forum click on miniature horse info, then scroll down click on breeding horse. There is the calculator for figuring your dates compliments of LB. Put in the last service date, I do 300, 315, 330, 340 get my dates that way.

I hope she was just itchy or moving the foal around a bit.

It sounds like all you can do is watch and wait, though I can understand that's really hard to do sometimes.
default_sad.png

This might not be of any comfort but my mare picked up this habbit of rolling everytime she hate when she got pregnant. Normally a very clean horse I went to visit her at the breeders and noticed she was acting different. Rolling alot more than I have ever seen. Since the day I brought her home from being bred she's just religiously had to roll after every meal. She continued up until pretty much birthing, and now afterwards its become a habbit. lol she contines to roll after ever meal. I had asked the vet worried it could be something bothering her, but the vet said its probley nothing to worry about if she doesn't appear to be in any sorta pain and isn't rolling alot.

Morning Melissa...

let us know how your mare is doing.. i love her! i hope she is ok.

when you can update us here

default_unsure.png

smiles buckshot
default_smile.png

I would like to thank you all for your prayers. She ate her feed good this morning. I am off today because I have to have a MRI and nerve test on my shoulder.I will be here on and out to be able to check her. I pray she is just moving the foal around. I didn't felt a kick from the foal this morning,but i don't always get a kick everyday. I pray she does well. I am looking forward to this foal since i DON'T own the stud anymore.

This is the only foal I have coming.I am use to having several foals. I had 6 foals that would have been born here,but had to sell my minis in 08 so I really miss th foals
default_wub.png

Keep praying for me and my mare and her foal.
default_biggrin.png
I will not know about my test on my shoulder until feb. 8

We have three mares due for this spring, 330 dates starting end of May to beginning of June,(well one mare will be leaving before foaling but anywho) all three of them as soon as I take the snap lead off, walk over to different spots in the turnout/pasture, lay down and roll, they've been doing this every time I turn them out for the past month or two, even when there's inches of snow on the ground.. Like others have said, at this point in their pregnancy they're getting uncomfy, rolling helps move the foal around, gets them off their feet, and I'm sure with all the winter hair they've got inches that they can't reach especially with their big bellies, can't quite bend around like they could if they were slick and slim
default_wink.png
My girls keep their distance from others too, one mare does not get along with the others anyway so she gets her own special paddock, but the two bred to Doc are out with two other open broodies, only time they go close is to groom with one of the others, other than that it's "leave me alone."
default_smile.png
And I have yet to feel or see the babies kicking yet
default_sad.png
course I don't have a lot of time to spare to sit with the girls like I have past foaling seasons, hopefully in another month or two I'll be able to see the little ones bouncing around.. I'm getting really anxious/excited to see what we get with Doc and the girls!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back