Mare in foal 7 mos along

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky C

I bet Doc foals will be fine ones
default_wub.png

Thanks again you all.This mare loves the minis she is with. I praying she is okay.

Thanks you all.I love having you all to have to help me through all my heartaches.
default_biggrin.png

Aww.. Don't be stress and she will be fine.
default_smile.png

Keep FAITH in God.
default_smile.png

Prayer on the way for healthly FOAL and be full terms.

Hi

I would not worry so much about each and every move a horse has. You must have some trust and faith in God. I have never had a mare to abort that gave me clues/signs that was what she was trying to do. Now, if she is getting a bag when bred in May I would worry a bit about the breeding dates. Early foaling mares do not often give us a bag either.

She could be due as early as the end of April. I count the first breeding date and add 11 months. Have been correct about 99.0% of the time, within 1 or 2 days. This makes your mare due in about 330 days, which is suggested on the bottom of the foaling calculator on LB site as an exoected time to use.

There is a preventative if you think she is going to foal too early - and that is regumate. You must check with your vet first and see if this is recommended. Some say regumate works, others say it does not work towards the end of their pregnancy. I am living proof that it works at the end of their pregnancy.

Good luck.................in any case.

Thanks you all.I have been very busy today. I have been to two doctors about my shoulder for mri and nerve test.

My mare acts okay right now. Thank God.
default_wub.png

I would use 300 days as your first point of reference - which means you need to start watching her on April 5 (using the last breeding date of June 9). Most of the mares here foal between 310 and 320 days.

We have had many foals earlier - including a completely full term, spunky filly born at 296 days.

Waiting until 330 days to start watching her may result in you missing the foaling. Never rely on a mare's past performances to determine what her "normal" foaling date is... she may surprise you.

Rule number one for foaling - the most predictable thing about a mare is her unpredictability!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back