My heart is broken

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry for your loss. It was a freak accident and with horses u just never know when these things will happen. Look at Barbero, terrible accidents happen. Of course we all cry and grieve then we evetually go on for our others who still need us.

I am so very sorry for your loss and appreciate your taking the time to post your experience.

I am so very sorry for your loss--I feel bad for Sugar too. Poor little girl can't understand why her friend is not with her.

Welcome to the forum; I just wish we were meeting you under happier circumstances.

{{{hugs}}} to you!

Holly

I am sorry for having to meet you for the first time under these tragic cirumstances but Welcome to the forum anyhow.

I very much sympathize with your loss. I have lost many myself over the years, leaving the others grieving. I find myself still weeping over so many that I miss so much. I am in the habit of talking to the horses and explaining to them just what happened and letting them know that their stablemates have gone to live with God in a wonderful place with hay better than ours. You may try explaining it to Sugar. It might help her.

Just recently my friend lost her Arabian stallion while he was running though his field. He jumped up in the air while playing and got caught by a branch and instantly broke his neck. Another friend lost her mount while he was running in the field and hit a hole that was not there the day before. They said a gofer must have just dug it that night. It's all so sad and hard to understand why these freak things just seem to happen but they do. I know this is hurting you and Sugar a lot. Please try to hang in there. Time does help.

Please accept my deepest condolences and feel free to visit my Rainbow Bridge page.

Thank you all so much for your kind words of comfort and advice. I am having a very hard time understanding and accepting this, but I will keep trying to tell myself she is romping with your wonderful little ones now. I guess I am selfish, but I want her here with me so badly. I want to put my face on her neck and smell her wonderful smell and kiss the spot above her eye and hug her until she just can't take any more. I never had children. These are my children and I feel so lost. I am going to try to get a friend for Sugar right away. She is still upset this morning and it is tearing my heart out.

Thank you for the welcomes. I am sorry for not posting sooner. I hope I am replying correctly, I wasn't actually sure how.

[SIZE=14pt]So very sorry for your loss! What a tragic accident.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Debbie,

I am so glad you chose to come here to share your loss. Yes, we do understand the pain you are feeling. And we do understand the pain you are experiencing watching Sugar with her grief as well.

Please talk to Sugar. Tell her what happened to Cash and give her lots of love.

Perhaps in time -- when you are ready, you can think about finding a friend for Sugar.....but only when you feel ready.

Blessings,

MA
Like MA, I am so sorry for this heartbreaking tragedy. I can only imagine the shock and horror of losing such a beloved horse. I am so glad you joined us and decided to share. You''ll find us a warm supportive family who will rally immediately to help and hold in hard times as well as rejoice in the good times. I hope also....another sweet soul will find you and Sugar. May I suggest posting a wanted ad on our Sales page? Surely some good soul will have the perfect new friend for you both.

I just wanted to say a couple of things, welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing. Sometimes the only people that really understand are other horsey friends, so please think of us as friends.

Talk to your sweet girl, and tell her what happened, and that they were unexpected. It seems they understand better when we talk to them, and we grieve better when we get it off our chests.

I just went through this with one of my horses. His full brother, who lived in California died suddenly the other day. I went out to talk to Maestoso, and tell him about his brother. I just went to tell him I was sorry, and that he had a good last year of his life . ( All these horses were rescued after 15 years of neglect). He left his food to come up to me, and we just stood together for the longest time. Its funny, he knew. He knew there was something wrong with me, and he knew he needed to be consoled. We grieved together, over his brother, who I only met through pictures. So, your baby was met by the most gorgeous Lippizan, who I am sure was very happy to have a friend, finally.

Rest in Peace Leader, Sugar, and Cash, along with my 2 minis I lost to dogs this year, Amber and Blondie.......

And know we are here for you. I am sorry this is so long.

Alicia

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]I am truely sorry for your loss. I know it hurts. I am sure someone in the pasture is hurting just as much. Take comfort that you have each other. And all of our love here on the forum.
default_wub.png
:

Welcome to the Forum and I'm so sorry for your bad luck. What a freak accident to happen and my heart goes out to you and I'm so sorry for your pain.

Joyce L

Debbie,

I am so sorry that you have lost your precious little mare. It is such of a terrrible, difficult thing to go through.

Hugs and prayers for you and Sugar as you deal with the loss of your very special Cash.

Latest posts

Back