Quicksilver Show Halters?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ardie&sparki

Reaction score
I saw some postings about Quicksilver halters, and I found some but they are listed on ebay, which is not known for quality tack, most of the time. Where are your guys' quicksilver halters coming from? I'm curious, I'm starting halter showing with my mini for the first time and just want a lower end halter. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on a halter since I will only be doing 4-H and open shows.

And if they are the same type of halter you have, what style do you prefer?

How well do these halters hold up?

And, I need help deciding what would look best on my buckskin mini, I can't decide.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for any help,

Ardie & Sparki.

P.S. I'm positive there will be more questions to come sooner or later.
wacko.gif

Read the feedback on the halters. Some people love them and some people hate them. I bought a halter that is a Royal something. I can't remember. But, there are some of the tack shops listed on the forum that have them. I think they are around $40-$50. Mine came with the chin chain, lead, side concho buckles and a throat latch chain that I think would be a pain in the butt because it is so fine. I have put the halter on my horse and it seems like it will be good for showing. However, I would not use this halter for training. I have a rolled leather one for that. My harness is black patent with gold and silver beads on the sides and a gold bar with a couple of rhinestones across the nose. The nose band is changeable where the quick silver ones are not.

Prime design listed in the tack catagorie on the main page has the same halter I have and it is $55.95 to $59.95. I have the $59.95 one. I did get mine a bit cheaper. I happened on a deal. These halters seem to be a medium quality halter and if you are not going to show much it would be great for you. You can just use a standard nylon halter and rig in a dog choak chain (I have one of those too) for training and the show halter just for showing. Besides I hate to have to clean tack. If I used the show halter for training I would be cleaning it all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
For schooling, just take an old nylon halter, cut the throatlatch, jaw strap, and the underside of the noseband off of it so that it is just like a show halter and then put your chain or control strap on it. Easy, cheap, and effective. =)

I have the quicksilver halters from ebay and they are a nice starter halter at a good price. I still use them and they have been very durable. I have had plenty of compliments on them as well. They do clean off really easy with a damp cloth. I have both the cable ones and the ones that have the wider noseband. The cable just looks better with the smaller and more araby heads. The materials are slightly cheaper but they arent near as slippery as some leads are. They wide noseband style are much more comfortable and form fitting for the horse as well compared to the expensive bar noseband ones that have screws and stuff holding them on. I also have a bkm halter I got really cheap that I love for that reason but they are way too expensive new.

I have bought several quick silver halters. They are made well and I have never had a problem. I too have had many compliments. I love the fact that their is a large variety of colors and selection. And they are inexpensive.

Also one note the people who make them started making them for their 4h minis, because it was a cheaper alternative for their 4hers. They do custom make each halter so it takes about a week before they ship some times. JBut I give them a thumbs up.

I LOVE
default_wub.png
LOVE my Quicksilver halters!! I have 10 or more of them and have had no problems! The people that make them are REALLY good to work with for getting what you want. I can't recommend them enough...unless you're gonna be bidding against me and then they're junk!
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

I bought 2 last summer. I think they are great for the price. I also got them through E-Bay. I got many compliments at the show
default_biggrin.png

I was disapointed with quicksilver.

I had to bug them to send me my halter well long after they cashed the check and then they sent me the wrong halter. Also it looked like it was thrown togather to get me to stop bugging them. I never used it and sold it for 1/2 what I paid for 3 days later.

Now I buy from Double Diamond!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back