What have the Sellers Done Right ???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Melinda.......nice to hear from you.....details please...who/what did you buy??
I bought Timberviews Buttons and Bows from Lavonne and Larry Parks (Timberview Miniatures) in Iowa, she is a bay overaloosa, her picture is posted on another thread on the forum.
Nice........I love their horses......congrats! One of the mares we bought from mountain meadows is bred to Century Farms Bey Masquerade. Check out Stacys website for a pic but a gorgeous horse and we are hoping for a healthy baby in late april. Love to get a stud colt out out of that breeding....

As a seller, I expect nothing more than what I would expect when I buy a mini. Good communication, healthy horse that has been fairly represented, trimmed feet, up to date on care and vaccinations, paperwork in order and follow through.

With that said, I have to put out a BIG compliment to Lisa Davis from LTD, Lisa called me while she was watching nationals (not just watching them from home, but she was there in person) to make sure my new girl arrived safe and sound. If I saw another on her site that I just had to have, I wouldn't hesitate for one moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have to add to this Topic!
default_biggrin.png

I had One of the Worlds Best Sellers on a Filly that came home in January.

Julie Smithback from Old Stage Miniatures in WI. Went Above and Beyond!

She worked with me, letting me make Payments, Even waited an Extra Month so I could find Transport

She was Completely Truthful, which means a ton! and When Starlet Popped off the Trailer, Was MORE then I expected. Julie said she had great Dunning Factor and Boy was She Right! Starlet was also utd on Worming and Hoofcare, You could tell she was well Cared for
default_smile.png
Julie also called and made sure Starlet Made it home Safe. All of the Paperwork was also in Order, I would Buy from Julie Again in a Heartbeat, She was just Awesome!!!!

Also

Lori Lancaster (Magic/Magic Mist) Tami Zimmerman (Oak Park) and Kathleen Sutton (Double Tree)

have been Wonderful to work with
default_aktion033.gif

I purchased a yearling mare from Thousand Oaks this past spring. Sharman was great to work with, helped arrange shipping an even allowed me to make payments. I also purchased a weanling colt from RHA this fall, Pam was also great to work with and even delivered my colt at no extra charge!
We also bought from Sharman, and I have to say she has been absolutely wonderful to deal with and talk too. Health records brand new halter and lead rope. Helped make arrangements for shipping. Helped make sure everything was okay. She goes OVER AND BEYOND to help make things " easy " The horse arrived in great shape. And bright eyed.

I also have to thank the HAULER!!!!!!!. Sharrway Transport Wayne and Sharron Hinkle.

They were a CRUCIAL part of getting our new family members home safely and soundly.

[SIZE=12pt]I personally haven't had any bad experiences with any sellers. All of them have been very obliging regarding payments, paperwork ect.... and the horses were all in remarkable condition. [/SIZE]

We've also developed and maintained friendships with all the sellers as well. Which is important to us also....

Good point!

I totally agree that communication is key.

It is hard to help if you are suppose to read someone's mind.

Much easier if they communicate well.

Great Thread !!

I've made only one purchase ( 2 horses ) this year and 1 purchase (2 horses ) about 1 1/2 yrs. ago and although they were purchases made for 2 different reasons both sellers were great and better.

The 1st 2 were just a couple of little mares that I went to look at and they both were very dirty but healthy looking pet quality I just had that feeling that these girls were meant to be with me. The lady that owned them had all papers in order, coggins, vaccs...but I think she was just overwelmed as she had 6 in a very tiny sand box and didnt have the time or health to take care of them and just wanted to get them in a new home. She wasnt sure if they were bred or not but supplied stallion reports just in case. We have remained in touch and she calls once in a while to ask about them. All in all that was a good sale.

The last 2, most of you know, came from Marty. Well let me tell ya.....we spoke lots and lots on the phone...she sent videos of their little quirks, told me about all their behaviors and what to watch for...and in case I forget....each one came with 1 folder for AMHA and 1 for AMHR and a separate folder that has all their likes and dislikes....anything she thought I should know she put in this folder. What I admired the most was that she actually chose the horses for me.....I told her what I might be looking for and my plans. She took time to think about who she thought would fit my plans and suggested Holly and SB. They were purchased sight unseen except for on her web site, a couple of videos and pasture pictures. She arranged everything from vet check to transport. They arrived by Hauled Wright looking beautiful...they were even prettier than I expected. I am able to call her anytime with ???'s about all my horses, she has calmed me down when I over reacted about small things and now is one of my most cherished friends...I didnt just get a horse.....I got a real great friend too
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

O.K. Marty just in case you are reading this.....you did lie about 1 thing.

Silver Belle is not the shy sensitive type that you told me she was......She is the boss around here and takes her job very seriously.... EVERYONE listens when this girl talks, she does what ever she wants and the others have to be invited into her space....and she is picky about who she lets get close...she's my favorite horse to watch b/c her body language is so funny.

Silver Belle is not the shy sensitive type that you told me she was......

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

I know! All these years I've handled her with kid gloves because she was the "nervous" type and I babied her to death ... worried she would die in the wrong hands..... She goes to Florida and takes over.....duh!
default_risa_suelos.gif
You're a better horse person than I am!
default_wub.png

I have to agree that Erica Killion is a fantastic breeder to buy from and any time I am in the market for a new horse, she is the first person I turn to. Her horses are simply outstanding and as good as they look in pictures, they are even more fabulous in person. Some of my best horses have come from her... Eight, I think! She has gone above and beyond for me and is a much loved friend as well.

I have to hand it to one of the smaller breeders out there.

In particular is Angela Rector with Willow Tree Miniatures.
default_yes.gif

I was truly impressed with her caring helpfulness, knowledge, expertise, and professionalism that she offered while I was checking out one of her horses.

It was quite refreshing from what I was use to, and makes me want to come back for more!

Thank you so much Angela!
default_aktion033.gif

And I couldnt agree more with Sharrway transport being a great way to go when having your mini hauled!

I have to hand it to one of the smaller breeders out there. In particular is Angela Rector with Willow Tree Miniatures.
default_yes.gif

I was truly impressed with her caring helpfulness, knowledge, expertise, and professionalism that she offered while I was checking out one of her horses.

It was quite refreshing from what I was use to, and makes me want to come back for more!

Thank you so much Angela!
default_aktion033.gif

And I couldnt agree more with Sharrway transport being a great way to go when having your mini hauled!
All I can say is WOW... what an awesome and unexpected compliment... thanks Mary!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back