Yellow Diamond Little Feather

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
Anyone know any information on Yellow Diamond Little Feather such as, does he have a show record? Are there any other pictures of him, all I can find are two but I thought there were more.

Anyone have direct sons/daughters of his that can share pictures? I am looking at a horse out of him right now and was just curious what is all "so special" about him...I know he's appy, and he's pretty! lol...anything else?

Here is a picture of Yellow Diamond Little Feather.

ydlittlefeather.jpg

we have one of his daughters Hunt House Farms Ruby Tuesday.

rubytuesdayDSC_2655.jpg

here is Ruby filly from 2006 which would be his granddaughter(she is for sale)

DSC01921.jpg

I own two grandsons, out of Erica's multi champion and reserve national champion mare, MCC Feather's Silver Streak. I don't know much about him but do know that particular daughter of his has produced some awesome foals. Each of her sons has a National record and multi championships with except my newest son of hers, but then he was just born 3mos ago
default_smile.png
From what I think I've heard, Yellow Diamond Little Feather was not ever shown.

These are my two Yellow Diamond Little Feather grandsons:

Erica's Gone and DunIT(this one, a grey-grullo, does have appy characteristics -- mottled skin, striped hooves...)

DunIT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20170.jpg

Erica’s Big City Blue By U

(this one doesn't seem to have appy characteristics)

Blue%2011.jpg

Thanks, wow does that clip of Feather above mean he sold in 1995 for $60,000? I personally am already impressed with his get and grand-get...the grand-get i've seen have all been exceptional in my opinion!

Steff,

To my knowledge, he is still alive and has 119 registered foals. I own a direct daughter of his (Hunt House Farms Tickles) and also previously owned another daughter (Southern Charms Diamond Lil)--I kept her filly from last year (JBR Frosted Freckles), so I have a granddaughter now of his. He is known for putting wonderful dispositions on his foals. Yes, he did sell for $60,000 at the Hunt House Farm sale here in Florida several years ago. IMO it's a great bloodline.
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks, wow does that clip of Feather above mean he sold in 1995 for $60,000? I personally am already impressed with his get and grand-get...the grand-get i've seen have all been exceptional in my opinion!
That "clip" is from my catalog of the sale and the 95 was the buyer number, which was MCC Farms, who still own him. I read pedigrees of the sale, the Hunt House Farm Dispersal, and he did sell for $60,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine just sent me more information about him, and I do think I was misinformed and that he was in fact shown. This is the information my friend found about his record.

1984:

Austin, Tx.: 2nd, stallions; 3rd color

Fort Worth, Tx.: 5th stallions

Dublin, Tx.: 5th stallions

Jacksonville, Fla.: 4th stallions; 3rd color

Amarillo, Tx.: Grand Champion stallion; 1st stallions over 30-32"; 2nd color

Columbus, Tx.: 1st stallions; 2nd color

Louisiana State Fair: 3rd stallions; 3rd color

Bowling Green, Fla.: 3rd stallions; 2nd color

AMHA National show: 3rd color

1985:

Ft. Worth, Tx.: 2nd, stallions

Waco, Tx.: 1st stallions; 4th color

Jacksonville, Fla.: Reserve Champion Stallion;1st stallions; 2nd color

AMHA National Show: 2nd stallions over 30 to 32"

Yes he did sell for $60,000 at the Hunt House dispersal sale. He was purchased by Felix and Joyce Covington of MCC farm. As far as I know they still own him. This is also the same sale where Felix purchased NFC Fire and Ice for $122,000 along with several nice mares. I was talking with Felix after the sale and if memory serves me correct he bought $320,000 worth of horses that day.

This is Feather,Hunt House Farms Feather Prancer, 32.5", daughter of Yellow Diamond Little Feather.

featherStretchsm.jpg

Our own Viki owns this Gorgeous Son of Yellow Diamond Little Feather.

I just finished an ad for MCC Feathers Touch. He is a 2007 World Contender!!

Good Luck Viki & Feather!!!!

His ad shown here with Viki's Permission:
default_smile.png
)

FEATHERFinaljpegweb.jpg

Following Jill's thread here is the other grandson and brother of hers, "Erica's Smoke Rings In The Dark", aka Ringo. He has a Reserve National Champion, National Top Ten and made the AMHA Honor Roll (he is for sale too)

ringo3.jpg

Thanks Sandy, for posting my "feather" pictures!

Viki

Thanks everyone for your help! I think MCC's website must not be updated often, I can't find anything about Yellow Diamond on their site. I did see Fire and Ice.

Viki, I just love your stallion! I didn't know he was a son of Yellow Diamond, how exciting! I love the mottling on his nose, glad it wasn't blacked over for his picture =) Proud to be an appy, he says!

Latest posts

Back