2024 crafter's delight - whatcha working on?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is a shiba, may I buy the quilt? Is it just the pieced top? I can quilt it myself--love lap projects!
It's completed, but the quilting is very basic on it. Let me pull it out and double check which dog it is on that quilt. I have a second one as well, but all different dogs.

My sister has a shiba. I want it for her. If it is quilted already that is fine.
I was mistaken, top right is an Akita; the Shiba is bottom middle (it says "shiba inu love" on the block). I took another pic, I think it turned out better than the other one. The quilt is about 42"x42".

Attachments

• 2024 - dog panel pink and purple quilt - complete.jpg
    2024 - dog panel pink and purple quilt - complete.jpg
    153.9 KB
Made a quilt with the other panels from the yard of fabric, this one is very simple and small, only 36x36" at the most. Boy was that panel bright.

Attachments

• 2024 - dog panel with green quilt.jpg
    2024 - dog panel with green quilt.jpg
    138.6 KB
They are all elegant and ultrasuede just begs to be touched!

What size are they?
The stag is about 8" tall, not counting antler. Isn't this a great pattern? From Stacy Meade. I have another deer pattern, but this design is more elegant.
The ultra suede give a whole new look. Both are beautiful.
It's really hard to do the twig legs. I bring whole branches in to harvest 8 twigs.

I found this American Girl doll at the thrift store. Couldn't leave her. She had a few marks on her face and arms but really clean. Her hair was a mess, of course. I made her a dress and underwear and put her hair in a french braid--not sure what doll she is so I don't know how the hair was supposed to look.

Attachments

• AG doll.jpg
    AG doll.jpg
    2.2 MB
She looks amazing!

I’m not positive, but believe you have ‘Elizabeth’, a Colonial era doll.
We purchased Elizabeth for our granddaughter one Christmas, when she was 8, and she is now 25!
Does she still have it?
I had a Pleasant Company doll, I believe Samantha? I made her a wardrobe of pretty clothes and gave her to grand daughters. Their mom purged her in one of their moves (she is a minimalist). The youngest daughter is not "girlie" and prefers to play with her brothers, so no doll-age children anymore. I wish they had asked me if I wanted her back.
I will look up Elizabeth and see how the hair is supposed to look. I did find out she was made before 2016 because of the way the head is attached. I've ordered her some socks and new shoes.

I had an idea to make a doll with a gourd head. Her body is cloth. I planned to use twigs for arms and legs, but when I saw this old, rotten wood I thought it would be more unique. May have to reposition the doily pocket. Have not made a doll in a long time, so it was sort of fun.

Attachments

• gourd head doll.jpg
    gourd head doll.jpg
    224.3 KB
I had an idea to make a doll with a gourd head. Her body is cloth. I planned to use twigs for arms and legs, but when I saw this old, rotten wood I thought it would be more unique. May have to reposition the doily pocket. Have not made a doll in a long time, so it was sort of fun.
Marsha, that looks so great! The color combination is wonderful.

Latest posts

Back