2024 Hours Driven

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You all got me motivated to drive Billy today. Not so hot and humidity dropped a little. We went 2.42 miles and 60 minutes, counting hitch time. He hitched pretty quickly today, though I still did ground driving for a few minutes. Then we were off. There was one scary ??? along the way where he leaped into the air. But he does not bolt, so as long as I pay attention I'm safe. So much easier to get his boots on, now that we have his hooves in better shape.

Attachments

• june drive.jpg
    june drive.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
About a half mile with Rowan today ground-driving. We were chased home at speed by clouds of deerflies! Next time I'll break out the fake dragonflies, more spray, and a hat! He was a good boy though even though they were biting him all over.

What a great weekend!
Saturday Phillippe drove for about 30 minutes. Jasmine went out for about the same with my friend who borrowed her for the weekend event.
Falcor ground drove and then drove hitched for about an hour and a half total Saturday.

Sunday Phillippe drove for an hour, Jasmine for about 45 minutes.
The Pace Event was a great experience for me and Phillippe and I came in third!!

Ground drove Peanut 1 hour this week and hand walked dressage tests with Cappy for 45 minutes. I hope to ground drive Cappy soon. Not quite ready for a bit yet because of his sinus surgery and tooth extractions in April/May. I'd use a bitless bridle but he has no respect for that!
Practiced getting Peanut to yeild from the quarter line to the rail, he's catching on. I'd like to teach him to "shoulder-in" by end of summer just to see if I can. I keep wanting to use my legs as if I was riding, lol. Funny what the body remembers to do.

15 minutes driving Izzie and 15 minutes ground driving Niska today!

Attachments

• IMG_20240627_160959743.jpg
    IMG_20240627_160959743.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240627_144728553.jpg
    IMG_20240627_144728553.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back