2024 Hours Driven

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday Falcor went for 45 minutes in the hay field ALL BY HIMSELF!! Even out back where he couldn't see his friends!
Phillippe went for 30 minutes.
Sunday Jasmine went out for 30 minutes with Ali and her friend. So much giggling and squealing by the girls. Her friend had never driven in a cart like that before. So cute!

Saturday Falcor went for 45 minutes in the hay field ALL BY HIMSELF!! Even out back where he couldn't see his friends!
Phillippe went for 30 minutes.
Sunday Jasmine went out for 30 minutes with Ali and her friend. So much giggling and squealing by the girls. Her friend had never driven in a cart like that before. So cute!
Give Falcor a pat from me :)

Who is Toast?
Toast is a mini appy gelding who is boarded at our farm. He belongs to a single mom and her daughter who is 3 or 4. Mom hasn't got the means to be sending for training or investing in all the extra stuff but Ali wanted to try training another mini to drive. She got permission and has periodically been working with him in the lines and started dragging the tire. He's not a quick study like Jasmine, but should be ready for a first hitch in the winter.

1000010707.jpgOne hour each for Candace and Blue after dad helped me get the lines adjusted. Been a while since I've driven a team. It was a blast. Candace is usually lazy but in a team she's in charge and will not let the other horse out pull her. We actually have to put the left horse slightly behind her so she won't scold him.

1000010705.jpg

2024 Driving jpeg.jpg
Because my computer and icloud hate me here is another crappy screenshot of the hours from the last crappy screenshot to now. Also included is your YTD total for each horse :)

@Marsha Cassada Blue is a good boy. I did/do have him for sale but everyone that claims to be coming to look at him never shows up. I'd rather get Wally sold but same. There just isn't a big market where I am for driving horses. Everyone wants to pay you $200 for a pet pony for their kids to torture. The first question I get asked is how big of a kid can ride them. I would love to get down to 3 mini horses to drive (5 total) but that will likely only happen when 2 of the current drivers die. Ideally I would find great working homes for Wally and Blue. That would be a huge weight off as trying to keep everyone driving is proving impossible.

I had a great time reading everyone's driving journey. We've got a new driver that posted a few times so WELCOME! It also looks like a couple drivers have moved on from the group as well. You guys are a constant inspiration. Hopefully everyone and their horses are doing well across this planet with all of the storms and other upheaval.

Latest posts

Back