allowing your horse to give kisses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear you are turning a corner! The requirements by Equine Eyes are interesting. I do agree the height and weight are challenging but horses come in many sizes.

Eddie looks like a wonderful personality and hopefully his family is out there!

Keep on working with the horses and enjoying their company while you wait. There can’t be too many ways better to spend time than that!

Holly wants to have several horses already trained, so when I arrive I can be matched with the right one for me. I did get in touch with little americas miniature horses. If I don't hear back from them, I may call them tomorrow or I may wait for Holly Fisher to get in touch with them herself, since she can do more than me at this point anyway. But little america miniature horses sounds quite promising for a place to find many horses that would make good guide horses.

I think in the longrun, we need someone to breed horses, to meet the following height and weight requirements, along with a people-loving temprament, if possible:
•24 to 30 inches tall
•80 to 160 pounds in weight
•calm, people-loving temprament
•must have good conformation

Maybe a new breed of mini horse has to be created for guide work?

I look out into our barn and paddock area and already see the horse you are describing albeit not within those height and weight ranges. 🤣

It does sound like you have a lead with Little America and if they can’t help can perhaps refer you to another breeder.

Latest posts

Back