Building Websites

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa

Reaction score
What would you be willing to pay to have a simple website done by someone who has no formal training, but has taught herself html.

I have the opportunity to build websites for people through a trade-off (I will write articles for a friends mag, she will pass on gigs for me to do which will pay).

The only webpage I have built that I can show off (the rest are not functioning now - they were for different sim horse games and such that I built for myself) is the one I recently did for my parents.

Please take a look at it and tell me what you would pay to have a simple (I can do tables, frames, etc. and have access to a friend who is a professional if I need help with other stuff and am a quick learner) website for your farm or business. Most of the sites I will likely be doing is for a farm.

www.mechanicalbull.ca

I would say to donate your services to a couple of farms so that you can build your portfolio. I looked closely at the sites of several designers before I chose the one I did. After that, service is definitely well paid for.

I got mine from breederoo! I never did anything with webistes before and they made it so easy

Thanks for the suggestion! I might do that. I essentially donated my services to my parents to do their website and I have to say I'm quite pleased with it.

Be sure to test your pages on various browsers and screen sizes.

Also you might want to investigate cascading style sheets (CSS) as an addition to the html. It is the standard now.

Choose your colors wisely. Red text on black background hurts the eyes.

Thanks. I have tested the colour with several people, to mixed reviews. Those are the colours my dad wants, it is the colours of the bull, so that's what it has to stay.

Good tips, thank you!

What is CSS? I've never heard of it.

I could make a simple webpage using html as I'm self-taught as well.The webpage you listed doesn't display any "advanced" concepts. With the free and simple page builders nowadays, anyone can make a basic webpage, so personally, if I was to pay someone to build me a page, I would want flash etc.

A friend of mine went to school for computer programming and web site design and she charged approx.$1000 for a webpage she did recently that included flash, and programming behind the page.

Thanks for the insight! I can do websites that have a little more than that (My dad wanted really simple) and I plan on learning more complicated things, but I also have a friend who has agreed to help me (I just found this out) on more complicated things like flash for a small fee.

Latest posts

Back