George Carlin Passed Away Last Night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
He was such a brilliant and influential comedian
depresse.gif

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,370121,00.html

Awww, I loved George Carlin! I can still recite the 7 words. He surely will be remembered for the laughter.

He was very popular when I was in High School soooooooo loooong ago! Kathy

I think he was one of the great wonders of the world, he will be missed but imagine the other side with him in it! Something to look for eh?

George Carlin's take on comedy was certainly unique. As this article said, he could be cerebral, silly, and shocking, sometimes all at the same time. I thought the choice of him as "Fillmore" in "Cars" absolutely perfect!
default_bye-sad.gif

I just found out from Comcast when I logged onto my computer this morning. He will be very well missed. I saw a western movie on the Western Channel a couple of weeks ago and he was in it. Loved him! (I forget what the movie was called.
default_wacko.png
)

He really made me laugh. So "tell it like it is." Sad.
default_no.gif

He really made me laugh. So "tell it like it is." Sad.
default_no.gif
I couldn't agree more. I loved the way that he was always able to point out the stupid things that we all do from time to time, call us all morons for doing it, and still make us laugh about being called a moron.

He's one person that I would have really loved to have been able to sit down and philosophize with. Even when I didn’t agree with what he was saying, he had a way of at least getting me to stop and think about the side of things that he was presenting. I absolutely love people who can make me think about things in different ways.

I've loved him since 1976. I've been a fan of his for 32 years! I still have the original comedy albums. He was brilliant. He WAS one of the world's wonders. I'm stunned and very sad.

Thank you for the laughter George.

I am SO glad that I saw him in concert last September... I laughed so hard that I hurt. Some of his best lines were some of his most innocent. Many years ago, my sister and I attended a show of his in Montreal... George stared out into the audience and asked... have you ever heard this around your house..... WHERE are the GOOD scissors??!!! Well. my sister and I about fell out of our seats and were almost rolling in the aisle. The guys sitting next to us thought we were nuts. But George had our family pegged! [SIZE=8pt]Okay - maybe only our family would think that was funny...[/SIZE]
default_wink.png

RIP George. You made me laugh - at you as well as with you.
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I so agree with many of the above tributes people have said........ Mr. Carlin was and IS one of the greatest comedians of our time. He also was very wise. God bless him.........

I remember hearing him way back in about 1977, and being impressed....and I continued to be so.

No wonder my friend Bill decided to build a tribute to him that has his photo/autograph in it!

I imagine it will be a popular one of a kind.

George had a very rare gift. It will be missed, as is he.

Liz

Wow.

First Tim Russert, then my beloved grandpa (the wise donkey), and now George Carlin! I saw the rerun of him hosting SNL right after his passing. I remember the "good scissors" line.
default_smile.png
It seems just like yesterday I was counting down the days until his birthday, and now I've just been so shocked about the word of his death.
default_bye-sad.gif
His quotes will always make me laugh. I even have one in my signature! Some are on www.brainyquote.com for those avid George fans who would like to see them.

~May you make the folks in heaven laugh as hard as you have made us, George. Say hi to my funny man George for me too.~

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck." -George Carlin

Latest posts

Back