got a question...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Dan

Reaction score
Tonight, while finishing up some work in the barn, I had locked the horses outsied while I rebedded stalls, well all of a sudden, the horses ran up the incline, and I herd crunching coming from thw woods, porbably the combonation of twigs, old leaves, and snow, so I thought ok, they saw a dear or a coyote or a dog or something as well as it leaves my horsies Im fine. Well, I look out through the trees, and there is this big mamal running through the trees
default_new_shocked.gif
and Im like, what is that?????????? wwwaaayyy to big in my opinion to be a deer and wwwaaayyy to big to be a dog, coyote, and theres no bears around here, and it didnt not bound or leap, it looked like it was acctually trotting like how a sport horse would, so I though lose horse, maybe one of the neighbors horses got lose, and if it was a horse, it looked small, either a large pony or a black morgan, but Im not sure, but whats odd is the fact that genereally if its deer, the minis watch it run away, and then go back to eating or whatever it was they were doing, but this time, they were not acting normal, Titan was trying to move Polly and throwing his head around and was rearing and bucking Polly was all alert at the fenceline wathching it like a halk it was just plain weird if you ask me, so im puzzled and would like to know if anyones ever seen a deer this big or move this way??? thanks in advance

default_rolleyes.gif
Of course, tomorrow at daylight go look for tracks! If you have snow, you have tracks.

Take a picture.......and post it.

Are there any cattle in your area? Those rascals can trot along pretty well and make a lot of noise through the brush, would appear the size you describe. If your horses aren't used to them, they would have the reaction you describe.

To my knowledge, no cattle Ill look tommorow, and i remember, it seems as if my minis act that way around other horses crazies
default_rolleyes.gif
thanks for the advice

I'm going to go with elk..it really depends on what part of NY you live in to determine what it was. I don't know where Derby is, so it's hard to say. Moose are very elusive and mostly hang near lots of water for the most part. I'm going with an elk.

Moose, elk, etc. sound reasonable. Bigfoot? Call National Enquirer!!!
default_laugh.png

We're waiting on the tracking report.........
default_unsure.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds to me like a moose as well. Large, dark, trotting, yes, that sounds like a young male or a female moose.

Well, I dont think theres any moose around here or elk (were pretty close to lake erie) but yesterday morning, when i went looking for tracks, I found some that could look like pony tracks or very large deer, but what else I found, and dont call me crazy, but tracks that looked liked someone or something was crawling around on their fists, maybe I saw a mountain gorilla, Ill post the pictures I took later thanks for everyones suggestiotions

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back