Has anyone gotten lab results back from Shelterwood?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Songcatcher, The price is amazing which Shelterwood provides. I guess I'll have to repeat myself. Shelterwood is the ones that said, if you get your tests in by Monday, you will get your results back "quick". Ok, so a bunch of us sent in samples. We called a week later and was told the testing WAS DONE! But they wouldn't have the results posted until Monday. So we called and get a whole different answer, then called again when they said to call them back and get another whole different answer. If they would just say it may be a few weeks or a couple of months or whatever, thats fine! They Should NOT say the tests are done and you will have them Monday! And actually different people are also being told different stories after talking to the same exact person there. If they would be honest and consistant with what they tell people all would be good.

Got my results today by phone and then e-mail. They had the wrong e-mail address(added a "s" to farm). Results took two weeks,cost $40 for all tests and are about what I anticipated. My only complaint was the different excuses you got when calling for results. They told me when to call or expect e-mail and then gave various excuses for lack of same. In fairness to them they did get a ton of requests after recent forum discussions. I would use them again.

In fairness to them they did get a ton of requests after recent forum discussions. I would use them again.
Gee, wish I could get a commission for starting that thread.
default_biggrin.png

Got my results today by phone and then e-mail. They had the wrong e-mail address(added a "s" to farm). Results took two weeks,cost $40 for all tests and are about what I anticipated. My only complaint was the different excuses you got when calling for results. They told me when to call or expect e-mail and then gave various excuses for lack of same. In fairness to them they did get a ton of requests after recent forum discussions. I would use them again.
Are you gonna share the results? Just curious as I like to see the horse's picture and their results to go with.
default_wink.png

I got some of my results today!!! They did Lacey's completely and have to redo cream and agouti for Pixie(which of course was the two I was most looking forward to knowing!)
default_no.gif

Here is Lacey and her results: RED-Ee, CREAM-nn, Tobiano-Tt, SILVER-nn, Sabino-nn, AGOUTI-aa, Champagne-nn and LWO-neg. I was most looking for RED and AGOUTI for rebreeding to Joey. Now I know I will get Black, Silver dapple or Chestnut babies!
default_aktion033.gif
(at least that's what the color calculator predicts!)

2009regandtransferpics002.jpg

Anyone else get their results? Anyone not get results yet? Still debating on trying them...

Anyone else get their results? Anyone not get results yet? Still debating on trying them...
I DEFINATLY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM.

I have called numerous times and even sent a fax wanting my results sent to me. They were waiting on the creme test.....that was WEEKS ago......I called again last week and they were waiting to get the stuff in the mail so they could RUN the test............they have had my money and my sample for way over a month!

I am getting real close to calling the Better Business Bureau on them.

I think my situation is very unique. I sent in samples in mid-June. I waited patiently through all the complaining on this board. I finally called them last week and they had never received the samples. They were extremely polite and checked and double checked looking for my samples or results and even called me back. My checks never were cashed. So, it is not their fault I did not get the results, but I know some were very unhappy with their results and one even said the results contradicted results from another lab.
default_no.gif

I hereby apologize for posting the link to this lab if anyone feels they wasted their money by sending to this lab. I've been told I was lucky mine got lost in the mail before getting there.

Still haven't recieved mine, but they DID cash my check quite awhile ago! I'm going to resend one of my horse's to Animal Genetics in Florida, I'll probably know what she is sooner that way, and I'll know it's accurate (she's a DD). I've heard some not good things about shelterwood now
default_sad.png

On other boards, there are people that had trouble with Shelterwood also. They sent in tests to another lab and got different results than Shelterwood gave them. I am STILL WAITING!! They ran my tests a long time ago, but had to run them again for some reason? They've had weeks to run them as many times as they want, and I'm still waiting. I guess I'll call them yet AGAIN. I just get myself more aggravated when I do...... I will never use them again or trust their results anyway. As soon as I can, I will be re-testing with animal genetics. :arg!
default_frusty.gif
default_impatient.jpg
default_torch.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Freeland I dont think anyone is blaming you. I just could never trust the results from this company but that is just me. Sometimes when something sounds too good to be true its because it is.

I did not say because I was hoping things had changed with Shelterwood. They were not new news to the forum. People here had troubles with them WAY back and quit using them. Years ago. And we were all so happy that the lab in FL came along and are fast and good!

I wonder if you did a forum search on Shelterwood if the old stuff would come up? Maybe not, I think they were maybe before the forum changed again?

I think it was a good thing to share a way of testing that cost us less Freeland. It's not your fault it was Shelterwood and they haven't changed. How were you to know?

I'm sorry it didn't work out better. I was hoping it would, as I have a filly that I would have tested LWO, Tobiano & black and saved money.

Latest posts

Back