My new colt is here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viki

Reaction score
And it's a really sad situation. He is about 10 months old and around 50 lbs and about 24" tall. He has the will to eat & live and that's a big plus. I wont post pictures of him at this point. It's just too sad. I'm in contact with my vet and following his instructions and he will be here Friday to check the colts progress. He's quickly turned into the neighborhood project. I have REALLY knowledgeable friends (Reflections & Redrock) to help and advise me. I tell you, it's been many a year since I've seen a horse in this bad of shape and still alive!

I've got some experience with starving horses, but one so young is new for me.

The first 30 days will be the hardest for him. He will be beautiful and healthy again...with time.

Please, pray for him.

Viki

What is wrong with him is, he was starved by his previous owners.

Then he is blessed to have found you, someone to take care of him the way God intended..

It really steams me when people let an animal starve! How about they turn it around and find someone to meet their needs BEFORE they are a rack of bones...

Oh dear GOD! I just rescued back a biggie mare that I sold 3 years ago. I just picked her up Sunday. What a MESS! If you need any more help or ideas for your boy, you could contact the Chances rescue as they have tons of experience in dealing with this kind of thing. I'm so glad you got him back. Best of luck getting his health back. Please keep us posted.....

Prayers for your colt,
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Joyce

When I first read this.. I thought he was a preemie born... Didn't really pay attention to the 50lbs... but then I got to thinking about you other posts...

This is the appy foal in your avatar - isn't it?? Oh My Gosh! This was to be a happy day! I'm so sorry about this, I'm sending prayers for you and him. Do you have pictures?
default_no.gif
:No-Sad

Yes, it's just amazing and so sad that someone can starve a horse like that! I saw the little colt when he got off the trailer last night. He looks nothing like the colt pictured in Vikis' avatar.
default_no.gif
Hopefully, with the right nutrition and time, he will come around to be the happy little guy he once was.

I am so sorry about your baby. Best wished to you and all your friends trying to help him out! Would love to see a picture to educate people about how they look being starved. Some people are ignorant.

default_no.gif
Im so sorry to hear that he has suffered. I cant wait to see him doing well again. I look forward to progress pictures. Good luck! You can do it!!!

Viki,

Sending Prayers for your colt. I am so sorry for you, I know how excited you where for him to arrive.
default_no.gif
But I am sure you will have him in better health in no time!

Oh Dear! That is certainly not a good way to get a new horse. I'm so sorry Vicki, but am so happy that this little guy has found his way to you. HUGS!

OMGosh, thank the Lord he is in the right hands now. He will do just fine with your love, attention and care. I just don't understand why people have to let things get to that point before getting help.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to hear about your colt. I know the Gemstone people are extremely upset as they had nothing to do with the condition of this colt as he did not belong to them. I had heard about the colt from a friend who visited the farm this colt was raised on and they could not believe the condition he was in especially since they had seen him in the fall when he looked good (and when the pictures were taken). Over the winter he and some of the others on this farm have been starved like this. We who live in this area are rallying to try to get something done about the situation.

I just hope your colt pulls through and recovers to his former beautiful condition.

Please dont misunderstand! His BREEDERS had nothing to do with his current condition. It's all on his seller. Problem as I am seeing and hearing is, the seller doesnt think he's doing anything wrong! Hasnt a clue he's starving these animals to DEATH!

He has applogized for the colts condition, but really, honestly thinks he was fine...maybe a little under weight. A LITTLE under weight!?! OMG! I hesitate to post pics but will if it will help ANYONE understand how important FOOD is to every living thing!

Viki

My God, How hard is it to feed a young colt and worm it? This is really unacceptable and I hope the folks that had him lose their other minis. Why did they just give them up if they could not feed them? Some folks need to NOT own any animals but I think at least now he is with someone that gives a RAT"S A..!
default_no.gif
Keep us posted and if you post pics I do not think most of us will be surprised after the Trembly Minis!

Last edited by a moderator:
Viki,

I'm SO sorry for your little guy.
default_no.gif
I'm praying for him and you to pull him through. Thank goodness you have help. Charlotte, Frank and Becky are very knowledgable and will provide you with great advice. That plus your vet and your love will pull him through. Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back