My Son - Youth Duck weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamlandnh

Reaction score
I'm so proud of my son. He went out duck hunting with his Grandpa this weekend and came home with his first duck. Once I have a picture sent to me I will update with it.

I have added pictures of Wy with his duck. The dog is Wader.

Waderbringingduck9-28-08.jpg

WyattWaderDuck.jpg

WaderWyattDuck.jpg

WyattWaderDuck.jpg

Kar

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to your son! Getting your first bird (or any animal if you hunt big game) is a great feeling! What is it? It looks like a hen widgeon to me, but I could be wrong. My first was an immature drake Widgeon. I was so proud :D

Congratulations to your son
default_aktion033.gif
He must be so happy and you must be so proud
default_yes.gif

What a beautiful area you have there for hunting too.Gorgeous photo's. Joyce

I have been updated with more information...This is a female Wood Duck. He was in Winchester NH at one of the back ponds. They went out yesterday too and saw nothing.

Last year was his first time out hunting during Turkey Youth weekend and he got his first bird. I have the tail & beard mounted for him (actually his grandmother did that). He then went out this year and got another turkey. Both birds he ate too...we told him if he hunts he eats what he brings home.

He has also gone and received his Hunter Safety just so that everyone knows. He hunts with his Grandfather and one of his good friends and they both carry hunting licenses.

I'm so proud of him. I think that he is going to try again this year for Deer Youth Weekend. Last year it was cold/rainy on the day he went out.

Awesome!!! They had the youth hunt yesterday and hubby said all the kids at least got 4 ducks if not their limit on ducks and geese. So that's great!!!!!
default_laugh.png

Keri - that is great that they got so many ducks. I can't image how hard it must be to get one.

Next my son wants to get a bow. He has his permit or whatever it is for that too. He went away to a conservation camp over the summer for both gun & bow. He also went and got his permit for SUV and snowmobiles. I'm so proud of him and he is only 13.

Love the pictures Karen ^_^ Mum say's their pretty awesome too! He's done so much for his age, good luck to him ^_^

Very nice! Wood Ducks are beautiful! My sister's first bird was a drake wood duck!

Great job Wy. He is going to be the sportsman in the family. Loves to hunt and fish. Love the hat.

mimi

Latest posts

Back