Nature Pics To Share

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggy Bottom Ranch

Reaction score
What a wonderful weekend we had this weekend! My whole family made it for our christmas celebration, and I was especially glad to see my brother and his fiance both make it (minus the dogs)! Dave and I worked so hard to get ready, my sister and her boyfriend came on friday night, everyone else was here on Saturday. They all stayed overnight saturday, except my brother and his fiance. We ended up getting a good amount of snow, so everyone had to stay an extra night, and it was fun! I couldn't have asked for a more fun weekend with my family! We played cards and ate all weekend, and just enjoyed each others company!

One of the things we enjoy most about this new house is the back yard, there is so much activity! We couldn't wait to share it's beauty! I was getting frustrated though because our deer, who we normally see at least a couple every day, hadn't been coming in for a couple days. I wanted them to come and visit so my family could see them, I knew they would just love it! Saturday came, and so did the snow! Around noon, I looked out the patio to see the deer, 4 of them! Everyone came running to the patio to see them, taking pictures of course! Later that afternoon, I looked out again, and OMG.......they just kept coming in! At first there were 4, and then over the next five minutes or so, a herd of 11 deer was scattered around our back yard. It was so beautiful to see!

I could only get 8 of them with the camera, look close, and you'll see them! There's a couple kind of hidden behind the trees in the upper left corner. (Can someone remove the bird feeders from this pic if I send a larger file please?)

Pictures022.jpg

This little guy took it upon himself to peck on one of the posts on my patio!

Pictures027.jpg

Papa cardinal in the oak tree.........so pretty!

Pictures035.jpg

Cute little chickadees.

Pictures024.jpg

Deer path.

Pictures019.jpg

Fresh snow.

Pictures011.jpg

Tuckered little kitties after the company left!

Pictures106.jpg

Pictures003.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]Merry Christmas everyone! [/SIZE] I hope you enjoy your holiday as much as I did!

Beautiful pictures!! Glad you had a wonderful weekend with your family and the dog situation was worked out!!

Glad to hear your brother followed your wishes about his dogs...

Sounds like a wonderful time you all had and the snow is BEAUTIFUL!!

Thanks for sharing, the deer look so peaceful...

You should enter the chickadee one In a photo contest!
default_wink.png

Oh, those are so neat! What a beautiful place you've moved to.
default_wub.png
I'm glad the dog situation worked out, that was shaping up to be nasty for you.
default_wacko.png

Leia

default_biggrin.png
Fantastic pictures! Post Card material!
default_yes.gif
I'm so glad you are enjoying your beautiful home and had the rare opportunity to have everyone home for the holidays! Thanks for sharing!

Joan

Pictures003.jpg

Muli Purrrpose alright...lol...
Multi PURRpose is right! LOL! That was funny.

Those pictures are beautiful. Makes me want to play in the snow........proabably for about 15 minutes and then head back to Florida.
default_biggrin.png

Multi PURRpose is right! LOL! That was funny.
That's Pesty, originally named Boots until we got to know him better and changed it to Pesty
default_biggrin.png
! He's the silliest kitty! Some of you may remember, he's the kitty that had been dropped off in our yard back at our old house early January of this year. He found my husband in the barn one night, and the next thing I know, hubby is at the patio door holding a red and white kitty, saying "can we keep him honey?" It's going on nearly a year since he's been with us, and we still love him to pieces!
default_wub.png

IMG_2276.jpg

PC115113.jpg

Thanks for sharing those pictures with us. That's some beautiful landscape and nature...love your kitty cats too.

Great photos!

The kitties look so sweet.
default_smile.png

Thank you for sharing, I'm so glad you had a nice family holiday.

Liz

Love the bird pictures! We dont have colorful birds like that here. We have a few finches that can be colorful but that Cardinal is beautiful!

We have deer that come down each day as well. I always like to watch them, they are so elegant looking. Sometimes if we are in the hot tub and very quiet they come within just a few feet of us. Sitting in the hot tub, glass of wine, snow on the ground, and a family of deer, just doesn't get much better than that.

Thanks for sharing, and glad the whole dog situation turned out OK.

We have deer that come down each day as well. I always like to watch them, they are so elegant looking. Sometimes if we are in the hot tub and very quiet they come within just a few feet of us. Sitting in the hot tub, glass of wine, snow on the ground, and a family of deer, just doesn't get much better than that.
Annette,

You are very right, they are elegant to watch! And your place sounds just beautiful! I wish I had more time to watch them somedays, like today for example, we had snow.........big beautiful flakes, and they were here on and off all day. I could have spent the whole day just watching them come and go.

I noticed today that we have a new pair of cardinals..........woo hoo
default_new_multi.gif
........that's two breeding pair now! They are just beautiful to watch!

Pictures003.jpg

Muli Purrrpose alright...lol...
I was thinking this exact same thing! He is a beautiful kitty. He looks almost identical to my old cat Casper, who was almost white when he was born! Beautiful boy!

All of those photos are just amazing! I especially like the downy (or is it a hairy? I can never tell those two apart!) woodpecker and the cardinal. We do not get Cardinal's here, I've always wanted to see one!

Latest posts

Back