New to mini horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussellR

Reaction score
I am totally new to the mini horse experience and have a lot to learn about them, hence the reason for signing up for this forum. Several years ago my wife and I, both retired, moved onto some rural property we own in the Bluebonnet country of Texas. Two weeks ago we were gifted a mini donkey (our first equine). While researching the care for it, I discovered that they are very social animals and need a companion. I spoke to several friends who have livestock and one of them let me know he and his wife had two sibling mini horses that they were needing to part with, so we got them. These are 2 year old sisters, Ruby & Rosie. I'm sure you'll be seeing lots of questions posted from me on the future.

Attachments

• IMG_20241003_143545895_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20241003_143545895_HDR.jpg
    4.2 MB
  • IMG_20241003_143541001_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20241003_143541001_HDR.jpg
    4.4 MB
  • VID_20241004_122602463.mp4
    40.1 MB
Welcome RussellR and family! Congratulations on your beautiful herd! You have already aced the first rule of the mini horse world - you can’t have just one. 😂

Like you I have a mini donkey and several mini horses. They are a very versatile little breed and there are many activities members engage in with their minis from camping, hiking, walking, driving, competing, therapy, and just hanging out with them!

Enjoy them and ask any question anytime!

Welcome, Cute pics! There are great members here to answer questions or direct you to find the answer. Always helpful and friendly. As @MaryFlora said, ask away. I also have 2 mini horses and a small donkey. I love the names of the horses. What is your donkey's name?

Thanks for the reply! His name is Buddy.
He will be your "buddy"! I have had my donkey, Jeffrey for 18 months he is about 18 yrs. I can call him my "bud" He has progress so much, as he wouldn't want to be caught when brought him home. Many happy, enjoyable times lay ahead for you with all three :)

Welcome RussellR and family! Congratulations on your beautiful herd! You have already aced the first rule of the mini horse world - you can’t have just one. 😂

Like you I have a mini donkey and several mini horses. They are a very versatile little breed and there are many activities members engage in with their minis from camping, hiking, walking, driving, competing, therapy, and just hanging out with them!

Enjoy them and ask any question anytime!
Don't forget about people who use them as guide horses instead of dogs.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61559283581882

Latest posts

Back