Pack rats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have trapped 8 so far in the garden. I've stopped giving treats to the chicken. I've raked a wheel barrow load of trash out from under the chicken house, where I'm sure they were/are nesting. They are rather attractive and do not carry any disease, so I was told by the Dept of Ag, but they cannot be left to devour the garden or terrorize the chicken. Someone suggested they are coming for the water--it has been very dry here, but no drier than other years and we did not have this invasion. I go out in the morning to find my lettuce, kale and beets with only a stem and no leaves. I have replanted twice. Also, it is time for rattlesnakes to migrate to their dens and we don't want rodents attracting them. We've lived here over 20 years and have seen maybe 2 in all that time. Why is there an invasion now?

I don't know why, but you can fence them out. You are going to need the wire mesh with the tiny square holes though. And probably to bury them so they don't just dig under.

Latest posts

Back