Sending in for the Foundation Seal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
I decided that i'm going to send Royals papers in for the foundation seal now that show season is over for us. I've been looking through the rulebook and all over the AMHR/ASPC site trying to find a form or something that i need to fill out. Do you need to fill out a form, i could have sworn i seen one on there a while back but cant find it now. Also its $10 if i remember correctly? What do i need to get him his foundation seal. He does easily qualify for the seal, i just dont know what i need to do to get him his foundation seal.

Also, from what i understand from reading the rulebook ..a foundation cannot show in open classic classes? Or am i mistaken?

I was up scanning through the rulebook last night untill nearly 1am so i might not have took it the right way, thought i would check.

Thanks ahead of time!
default_smile.png

Leeana H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Leeana;

Just download the workorder off of the website, mark the Foundation Pedigree (research, certification? I can't remember the exact wording) and send it in along with his original registration and the $10. There's no specific form to fill out (or there wasn't last time I did one). Then they'll send it back, hopefully with a pretty gold seal.
default_smile.png

When I do this, because I'm sending orginals in the mail, I always keep photocopies of everything.

Forgot to add, Foundations cannot show in any Classic class that is also available to Foundations. So if there is a Foundation Gelding Class, no he can't show Classic also. But, for example, most/all of the Performance classes aren't differenciated Classic / Foundation, so they show together. If the class you want to show in is not available to Foundations, then you show with the Classics. Y'know, the thoughts are clear in my mind, they just come out muddled when I try to express them.

I haven't looked lately, have many new classes been offered to Foundations?

:saludando:

Keeperofthehorses:

If your horse has a Foundation Seal you DO NOT have to ONLY show it Foundation. You should show your horse according to type, just because your horse has a Foundation Seal does not mean it is less classic type. A classic horse can be of foundation type but not be eligible for the seal.

The pony classes should be entered strictly by type. My modern shetland is A papered so can show as a modern or classic but is of the modern type.

Some Foundation Seal ponies do not measure in small enough to show in the Foundation classes (42").

Also, your Foundation pony can show in it's respective halter classes or other Foundation specific classes... but if no respective class is offered at the show your Foundation can cross-enter into Classic classes. Otherwise you cannot cross enter in Open Foundation and Open Classic classes etc...

Andrea (aka Disneyhorse) but my password is broken :-(

Keeperofthehorses:

If your horse has a Foundation Seal you DO NOT have to ONLY show it Foundation. You should show your horse according to type, just because your horse has a Foundation Seal does not mean it is less classic type. A classic horse can be of foundation type but not be eligible for the seal.

The pony classes should be entered strictly by type. My modern shetland is A papered so can show as a modern or classic but is of the modern type.

Some Foundation Seal ponies do not measure in small enough to show in the Foundation classes (42").

Also, your Foundation pony can show in it's respective halter classes or other Foundation specific classes... but if no respective class is offered at the show your Foundation can cross-enter into Classic classes. Otherwise you cannot cross enter in Open Foundation and Open Classic classes etc...

Andrea (aka Disneyhorse) but my password is broken :-(
Right, Andrea, thanks. My brain is a bit fuddled. That's what I was trying to say in my earlier post, just couldn't get it out right. Yes, you can enter a sealed horse as a Classic/Modern, but not cross enter as a Foundation in the same class. I was assuming that Leeana is wanting to show him as a Foundation.

Back to coffee... :bgrin

I think he would show best foundation and the shows we did this year offered foundation. So if there are not foundation classes offered at the show i can show him as a classic? I just cannot show him as a Foundation AND as a classic at the same show? Am i correct?

I just looked at the website, where can i download a workorder form? I cant find it on the forms page of AMHR/ASPC.

Thanks! I'll download the workorder today then.

Thanks both of you!!
default_smile.png

Do the shows you attend offer both over and under Classic height classes or just the generic 46 and under Classic classes? IMO Royal is very Classic but he is an Under Classic and any time over and under are not offered the under ponies are often at a bit of a disadvantage just because they are smaller.

You can choose at each show if you want to show Classic or Foundation. If the show does not offer Foundation then you would have no choice but to show Classic.

I think the work order form is titled something like "custom work order" on the forms page of the ASPC/AMHR site.

The shows we have done this year offer only the 46'' and under class, they dont split up the under and over divisions. I have noticed in our classes the larger classics have placed better now that i think about it.

I just want to try try him out in a foundation class and see how that goes. If i think he will do better in Foundation after showing him in one of the classes then i will prob keep him in foundation classes. If he doesnt do as well i will show him in the classic classes. I think we showed agianst only one pony this year that was actually smaller then him, also he is only 37.5'' measured as a pony so he is smaller then i always thought he was. I figure since he has a good history of Foundation's in his background so its worth a shot. He really is not as refined as he looks, this is the most recent picture i have of him. I guess we will see how he does this year in foundation
default_smile.png

(Pardon my amature skills lol, he and i both need practice :lol: )

9633c230.jpg

Thanks lewella, i'll have to go back to the website and look over the forms page.

Latest posts

Back