Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes just what I was thinking.. all present and correct again so lets get down to having some serious foaling going on
default_aktion033.gif

WELCOME BACK DIANE.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

All the girls can have their babies now that Auntie Diane is back!
default_yes.gif

Suzie grazing at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
6.24 am and Suzie is hoping breakfast will arrive soon
biggrin.gif
no chance sweety it is Sunday and mummy will have a lat in
wub.gif

Cassie try testing her milk again this morning, at this point it could drop fast.
yes.gif

Happy Sunday
saludando.gif

No need or time for a 'lay in' - pandering to the needs of an expectant mare is the order of the day!!
default_biggrin.png

WAKE UP CASSIE - it is Suzie's breakfast time (or it will be by the time you get dressed and outside!!)

And yes, do lets have an early morning milk test if the lovely Suz allows.
default_yes.gif

well Im off to bed..been watching the lovely Suzie all afternoon and stil no baby
default_thumbdown.gif
maybe tomorrow afternoon
default_thumbup.gif
..it is Sunday so maybe a bottle of wine..feet up with the rest of my dairy milk
default_472.gif
Good night all
default_saludando.gif
and good morning /afternoon to the rest

Lol I'm trapped lol my puppy has fallen asleep on my bed n I can't move lol hehe I'm coming I'm coming lol

Welcome back Diane!!!! Glad you had a great time!! can't wait to see the pics of your family
default_smile.png

Yes Matt she has a joey he is the cutest thing hops out sometimes now but he wasn't out yesterday morning when I took the pics n yes they are eastern greas we get wallaroos n wallabies down here to the occasional red but they are huge n more near central Australia

Will try do a milk test she wouldn't let me yesterday morning...

Thanks for watching so good everyone I know it's the weekend so big thankyou!!!

SUZIE HAS WAX!!!!!!!!!
default_laugh.png
default_aktion033.gif

She wouldn't let me lest her milk maybe after church I'll try... silly preggars pony...

oh n the first thing she did when I let her out.....

start licking the ground again!!
default_frusty.gif
LOL

WOW!! Are you sure it is 'proper' wax Cassie? It should look and feel like candle grease - not soft like a blob of milk.

Try to get a picture rather that go for the milk test. But whatever it is........SHE'S GETTING VERY CLOSE.
default_aktion033.gif

Sorry but I'm really feeling zonked, it's 11.30pm and I just have to get to bed. If I'm awake in the night I will check here again, but it looks like you will have to be awake at nights from now on Cassie, so grab a couple of hours snooze today if all looks ok with Suzie.
default_yes.gif

Sending ((((HUGS)))) This is so exciting.
default_biggrin.png

YAY FOR WAX!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
new_shocked.gif

I wish I had texting on my phone.. I don't want to miss Suzie foal!! Been watching too long now!!

OH!!!! ACTUAL WAX OR SILLY CRUSTY STUFF?!?

MUST SEE! PHOTOS CASSIE!!!

There are moments in life you realise why horse people are different from regular people. The insane excitment over a word like "wax" is one of those moments
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

Oooooh fantastic and even if it isnt wax if she is dripping milk she is very close. Shimmer was dripping milk in the morning and foaled that evening so I really hope Suzie does the same for you.

I will be off to my bed soon but will try to tune in on the iphone during the night and hope I dont miss anything.

Wax and what about our poo fascination, lol

WAX sounds like great news, yippeee yes Suzie you MUST take pics please. Make sure that she is being watched by someone at all times now.

Ok so my old yorkie has had his pee so I can go back to bed.

Cassie please text me if she looks foaly

yep no worries will take some pics now... definitley wasn't crusty stuff, she has had that before.... decided not to go to church today, will put fresh bedding in her stable n hang around...

poop report... VERY MUSHY!!

she has been licking the ground nearly the whole time since I put her out today... hopefully
default_biggrin.png

it could just be milk dripping, but it was definitley one or the other LOL (makes no sense at all sorry everyone wil take pics,) hopefully she hasn't rubbed it off
default_unsure.png
LOL

will msg you renee
default_smile.png

Do mares lick the ground before foaling? Haven't heard that one until now if thats the case! Love learning new things!
yes.gif

I am excited!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Can't wait for pictures!

Sounds so very promising!

COME ON TWINKY! YOU NEED TO HURRY UP SO THE FILLY FAIRY IS BUSY WITH SUZIE!

default_wink.png
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Actually we just got drenched in rain, as in light hail and sheets of driving rain which meant I couldn't see all the paddocks. Oh and all our gutters have flooded
default_wacko.png
So perfect foaling weather
default_new_rofl.gif

well I finally got some pics LOL she has worn off one, but the other is still there, she also has dried milk streaks down her legs, so she is definitley dripping milk
default_yes.gif

just uploading pics now...

Bree sounds like you just got the storm we had yesterday... we got light hail and drenching rain, quite a bit of thunder too... hope you didn't get too much damage...

I've never had one licking the ground. Does she have a mineral block Cassie? She might feel as though she is lacking in something seen baby would be taking so much from her at this point. Maybe when you go down the feed shop to get that spare bedding you msg me about, you could grab her one. But do put it up out of the foals reach when it arrives. They often like the taste a bit TOO much lol

Im glad you decided to stay home. You can monitor all the little changes and progress today.

Soft poop is a good thing too! She's starting her clean out. Is it small amounts? You'll find she will do small, soft poops often when she gets closer.
default_yes.gif

Yep, wax or just droplets of milk are just as good an indication as the other. You are having a foal very soon Miss Suzie!
default_aktion033.gif

Its hard to see Suzie sometimes in the paddock, but it looks like she has been biting at her side quite a few times... c'mon Suzie, a nice daytime baby would be JUST lovely
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Ill have her up all day, but will be in and out of the computer room. Ill have the barn alarm on, and my phone on me Cassie. Feel free to call or MSG with any questions or worries, before, during and after foaling.

Thanks heaps Renee
default_cheekkiss.gif

I will get a mineral block when I go in a minute... um,, poops some big some little but all mooshy...
default_yes.gif

first pics...

now ok I know its not Suzie, but my puppy is being SO CUTE atm lol I couldn't resist!!

casper.jpg

ok LOL now down to business,

s1.jpg its a bit hard to make out sorry, had to get light n focus right LOL very hard when one pregnant pony is wanting scratches LOL
default_wacko.png

s3.jpg its on an odd angle sorry LOL

s2.jpg and yes she is due to have her feet trimmed, but you can see the white stuff on her leg, there is more up higher but very hard to get pics of

Latest posts

Back