Therapy Pony

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a different kind of visit last week. Funny how things work out. We'd originally had the day booked to be a site visit for a care home, but they had cancelled. About 30 minutes later, I got a call from the manager of the Delta Hotel, downtown Edmonton. You see, it's Canadian Finals Rodeo week, and the event has just returned to Edmonton after being held elsewhere for the last few years. There is a competition within the top Edmonton hotels to decorate their lobbies for CFR week. That's where we came in... The manager wanted to have a pony attend! Yes, we have a pony who can do that. And if we're bringing the pony, might as well bring the donkey too! So we did. It was a hoot! Miss Rodeo Canada was one of the judges (and a lovely person!) and all the staff had their pictures taken with our little dudes. Barnie, the manager, took Jasmine and was touring all over with her, out in the mall (lobby access is into a shopping mall) and throughout the stations in the lobby, greeting guests and visitors... I think Barnie's going to bypass getting a dog and just get a pony instead. He had so much fun!
And part of our thanks is a complimentary stay in the hotel! So I've booked that for December for my partner's birthday. So sweet!!

Delta.jpg
So thankful my mom is willing to adventure with us!
Delta Barnie.jpg
Barnie wrangling the littles.
Delta Staff.jpg
The staff were all smiles. What a wonderful bunch of people!

Some phone calls out of the blue are unexpectedly fun! You all look terrific and Jasmine and Phillipe are wonderful mini reps. 😍

The staff looks like a fun group and the hotel must be a great place. Your complimentary stay is a lovely thank you and one you will enjoy in the snowy month of December!

Aaand I got word late last night that they won the contest and will be sending a cheque for $4000 to the Stollery Childrens Hospital, in Edmonton. That's pretty amazing of them.

Latest posts

Back