Verizon commercial with pony?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had verizon cell phones for years.

Based on how much

is being talked about here there and everywhere, I'd say it was a success.
PS can you hear me now?
default_biggrin.png

It may be being talked about lots, but that doesnt necisarilly(cant spel) mean "sucsess" for verizon.

warning spelling is terrible.
default_biggrin.png

I didn't like the commercial.

I felt sorry for the horse being tied to the dog house and being made look like he/she was mean or nasty.

I wasn't concerned that my buyers' market would look at that commercial and make a decision on buying a mini however.

I know that we are all looking for the "informed buyer", one that has done some research if they don't know anything about a horse.

LOL I'm sure the pony doesn't care about how it was portrayed. Even if it minded being "chained" to the dog house, animals don't dwell on the past. Unfortunately, PEOPLE DO...
default_rolleyes.gif

LOL, Nicole!!! That's true. If the pony in question did reflect back on the commercial shoot, he probably just wishes he had more of whatever the sprayed on the dog house to make it so tasty.

It's entirely possible that the owner of the horse didn't think it was NEGATIVE at all! If someone asked to use one of mine in a commercial exactly like that, I would have thought it was hilarious and agreed to do it.

Actors and anyone involved in show business knows they may wind up doing roles they don't agree with-actors who are perfectly nice sane people play rapists, serial killers, cheaters and liars all the time. Does that mean they condone raping, killing, or lying? No. It's a role.

If I had put a horse in that commercial...I know mine aren't evil biting dog-house living horses, and it doesn't mean I approve of anyone saying they are. But it's just a goofy commercial. I've said it once and I'll say it again: anyone who looks for moral guidance or good advice in advertisements really concerns me. It's not about being moral, correct, proper, or inoffensive-it's about the SALES.

My first thought was "hey there's a mini in the commercial, how cute!" and my second thought was someone needs to slap the snot out of that spoiled ungrateful brat!!!
default_gaah.gif

So your comparing good actors playing rapists and killers to a dog-house eating mini horse. The horse DIDNT choose to be portrayed as mean.

[SIZE=14pt]so much energy here...wow folks...IT'S A COMMERCIAL! lol...get a grip...lol...i'll bet that horse is very content munching hay right now...[/SIZE]

My goodness people, remember the girl is an actress (she is supposed to be a brat). The horse isn't still tied to the doghouse!!!. There are so many bigger issues around the world, rather than nit pick a television commerical to death, do something to help someone that needs it, rather than some thing that is really just make believe!!!

YES I think there are A LOT of REALLY bored people around this world lol :DOH! I must be one of them because I keep coming back for more lol
default_new_rofl.gif

Yeah... !!!

I do not think the horse would actually care if it were being portrayed as mean (he's probably just wondering what's for dinner), BUT, that was not my take on the commercial at all. I think to appreciate the commerical, as some do, you have to appreciate sarcastic humor.

Every little girl wants a pony for Christmas but most of them out grow that want when they become teenagers. So, this girl finally gets the pony she used to beg for, but now she's rather have a cool cell phone. I think when she says "yeah" (he bites), she's basically wanting to end the discussion about that pony.

And, it is just a commercial. It wasn't meant to change the world, to teach proper horsemanship, or to make parents deal with spoiled children. It's just meant to make people think of Verizon cell phones.

In my opinion, it's got it all over another cell phone company who's tag line is "where you at?"

I too liked the commercial. And it is true...so many teenage girls would rather have a cool new phone than a pony. Now of course, me as a teenager I would of rather had the pony, even though they made the pony look very nasty...I think that was the point... I think they did a good job with the commercial.

If anything, I would think that horse owners would like this commercial: Anyone who really knows horses, realizes that they portrayed the pony in a bad way and is certainly not the norm...so non-horsey people who think they'd like to get a mini or pony for just the "cute" factor perhaps won't now because of the nasty looking, dog-house eating pony on the commercial...of course commercials don't have that much power of me!

I think the commercial is funny and the people's expressions are hilarious!

So your comparing good actors playing rapists and killers to a dog-house eating mini horse. The horse DIDNT choose to be portrayed as mean.

Oh, please....
default_rolleyes.gif
The horse has NO CLUE. He doesn't care. All he knew is that roof tasted awfully yummy.

Lucy

Latest posts

Back