Walking/Hiking with your minis 2024

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was not much walking, but I gave Mint and Kingsley baths yesterday. I walked them around, letting them dry off a bit before I turned them loose and they would roll.
Jeffrey was watching it all and when I went to catch him, he was gone! He does not like water. Last summer I was able to water down his legs but that took a while to get him at that point. I was hoping not to start anew this year. You would think he would welcome it with the heat wave we are having.

No walking involved but... My neighbor, a mile away held a obstacle course event last Sunday. I wanted to attend but knowing that neither myself or my minis have never participated in an anything like this, I observed instead. Most of the course was distractions we could do. Some I know would be troublesome. She will hold the next one in October, Halloween theme. This has me motivated to set up something around here to work up to the event.

No walking involved but... My neighbor, a mile away held a obstacle course event last Sunday. I wanted to attend but knowing that neither myself or my minis have never participated in an anything like this, I observed instead. Most of the course was distractions we could do. Some I know would be troublesome. She will hold the next one in October, Halloween theme. This has me motivated to set up something around here to work up to the event.
I love motivational stuff! What an interesting event to attend.

Two miles with Billy yesterday. He got ahead of me and I was doing the turn to change direction; he was slow to turn and I tripped over his hind feed. Splat on the ground. I could feel my brain jarring and my teeth jar. Billy stood there looking down at me and Pepper came dashing over to jump on my chest to see if I was okay. Lucking we were on a dirt road and not on the paved one. I laid there for a minute, then got up and we finished our walk. I did use Billy to lean on to get up, practicing like we discussed before, and he did fine. (I was fine, too)

Two miles with Billy yesterday. He got ahead of me and I was doing the turn to change direction; he was slow to turn and I tripped over his hind feed. Splat on the ground. I could feel my brain jarring and my teeth jar. Billy stood there looking down at me and Pepper came dashing over to jump on my chest to see if I was okay. Lucking we were on a dirt road and not on the paved one. I laid there for a minute, then got up and we finished our walk. I did use Billy to lean on to get up, practicing like we discussed before, and he did fine. (I was fine, too)
Wow, I am so glad you are ok. That is scary. Thinking ahead paid off. I bet you are proud of Billy and Pepper. I'm glad you were able to finish your walk after a tumble that hard.

Hope you were not too banged up. I did the same thing last year when Peanut spooked at some baby turkeys hidden in the grass that neither of us saw. I also used him to pull myself back up. When I was laying there flat on my back sorting myself out, the wee turkeys paraded by my head, a surreal moment.

25 minutes walking Cappy.

Latest posts

Back