Walking/Hiking with your minis 2024

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.17 walking billy today. We work on Stand while walking. He just seems insecure if he gets separated. Lately, instead of cueing him to back up, I've begun walking forward towards him, forcing him back to the original Stand location without saying anything. Today we had a good result on the third try. He stood there without trying to edge toward me! I even laid the lead rope on the ground and backed away. Only a few seconds, but it was success. I've been working on Stand ever since I got him two years ago and he just seems unable to have me leave his head by a foot or so. Of course, I haven't been WORKING working-- just on walks and on our little ground work routine.

Attachments

• The Stand.jpg
    The Stand.jpg
    1.3 MB
1.17 walking billy today. We work on Stand while walking. He just seems insecure if he gets separated. Lately, instead of cueing him to back up, I've begun walking forward towards him, forcing him back to the original Stand location without saying anything. Today we had a good result on the third try. He stood there without trying to edge toward me! I even laid the lead rope on the ground and backed away. Only a few seconds, but it was success. I've been working on Stand ever since I got him two years ago and he just seems unable to have me leave his head by a foot or so. Of course, I haven't been WORKING working-- just on walks and on our little ground work routine.
He is a handsome boy!

Latest posts

Back