What stores in Canada can you get sand clear??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

Reaction score
Need to get my mini on it, we have very sandy soil, hes been having runny poops and sand is the only thing i can think is causing it? other than that he acts normal.

There are other sand purging products besides the Sand Clear brand, so perhaps one of the other brands would work and be available in your area. ANd, many people use the generic of Metamucil (yes the stuff for people), and it all psyllium so it works. [i'm not sure of the dosage for a horse when using Metamucil, but I'm sure someone here does.]

I buy the people stuff at walmart. Not flavored. I live on the beach and it has worked great for me. Way cheaper also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get it at tack stores here in Canada but I now use Metamucil, the people stuff. I like using the cookies that you can get, easy to feed and the minis love them. They also come in apple flavour. Here is a link to them. You can get them everywhere. I start with one wafer am and pm for about 3 days. Then after a week I do it again, then everyone gets their wafers 3 days out of every month. I have never had a problem and I am all sand here.

Psyllium fiber is psyllium fiber, whether or not its marketed for equine or humans.

You can also feed a quarter cup of whole flax seed instead of psyllium twice weekly for the same benefit.

Latest posts

Back