Your horsey Christmas present to you

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you are wishing yourself a Merry Christmas with what horsey present? To you, from you.

Getting a horse? Was it the new barn back in the summer? A water line you have waited years on? Saving Christmas money to get one of your special ones to just the right trainer?

I may have to wait a few days to say mine, it involves 7 people, 5 different states to get it all pulled off. Still a little to fine tune! Ok, maybe more than a little. LOL

So, how Merry will your horsey Christmas be?

Just wondering how many of you are wishing yourself a Merry Christmas with what horsey present? To you, from you.Getting a horse? Was it the new barn back in the summer? A water line you have waited years on? Saving Christmas money to get one of your special ones to just the right trainer?

I may have to wait a few days to say mine, it involves 7 people, 5 different states to get it all pulled off. Still a little to fine tune! Ok, maybe more than a little. LOL

So, how Merry will your horsey Christmas be?
I've been doing that since about hmmm March ....

Well my birthday/christmas present to myself was the stallion Onekas Devil After Dark, my christmas present to myself also was the stallion, Iles Spotted Fever, the mini mare, Lucky K Here For The Party and the filly, SBS Moon Fever Mcflurry. Though for a christmas wish would be to find some of my sale horses homes before christmas.

Nothing specifically for Christmas, but I did buy a yearling cremello filly by Little Kings Buckeroo God (AKA: George) for myself for my birthday, and she just might have to be my Christmas present too.

Oh, of COURSE we all have to get a horsey Christmas present to ourselves!!!

DiegoOct3.JPG

This is my new coming-three-year-old Hackney gelding... he fits in my Shetland cart but not in the Shetland harness. So we are stuck ground driving (not complaining, it's a great excuse to give him a better driving foundation for SURE) but for Christmas he's getting a work harness, and show harness to follow!

Husband rolls his eyes when he knows I'm going to purchase this stuff anyway, I suggest he can just "use it as his gift for me" but he says no way.
default_wub.png

Andrea

My Christmas/Birthday gift (they're only one day apart for me!) will be a harness and cart so I can finally DRIVE Sonny!

It seems like I've bought myself a cart every single winter (some didn't work out and were sold, only to try again the next Christmas) and last year I finally bought a show harness so for once in my life I'm not planning to buy anything horsie for the holidays. I consider the fact that Kody and I survived to SEE the holidays gift enough after our accident!
default_new_shocked.gif
I suppose you could say we bought a new truck for Christmas to replace the one I totalled and the trailer will be getting fixed and hopefully some new mini dividers and cart tie-downs before we haul anywhere again so that's pretty special.

2009 will see us outfitted with a new extended cab Ford F250 for truck-camping, a better-rigged trailer, no stifle problems, enough training for Intermediate level CDE's, and enough practice to hopefully kick some butt in Western Country Pleasure at the breed shows too. We'll be chasing points like everyone else for once. I'm so excited!!

Oh, hey, I guess I did buy myself a couple of glittery show shirts for once. Fun fun! It won't be warm enough to wear them until July though.
default_wacko.png

Happy Holidays!

Leia

Here our Christmas presents to ourselves consist of 4 little boys and a Smart Cart--all arrived a couple months early, but they still count as our Christmas presents!

For me, a pretty little American Express daughter (thanks Renee
default_biggrin.png
) Can't wait to "peel" her in the spring!

I guess you could say we bought a stallion as our Christmas present. We are now the proud owners of Lilliput Acres ShowMe U Can Dance. He will be 3 next year and will be on our 2009 show string. He is silver bay and white. Sorry folks, but don't know how to post pictures.

Oh how funny, I have used up so many future birthday and Christmas's on the little horses, I may never catch up. ha ha. Hmmm, Driving harness and cart, and maybe a short horse trailer, that might get me through year 2014 or further. Sure makes shopping easier for the family.

Well, the money and the horse haven't changed hands yet, but it's otherwise a done deal. My present to me is a palomino weanling filly. I'll post pictures when she gets here (hopefully later this week!)
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Over the summer I purchased 3 horses, our wonderful stallion; Marystowns Explosive Echo, my mare, Huffmans Lite my Fire and her foal sired by Stiehls Sensational Alladdin, Toys Sensational Iceman. They will be my Birthday and Christmas presents for many years to come.

Over the past weekend I did purchase to show halters to me from me though.
default_rolleyes.gif

I've wanted this girl since I first saw her shortly after she was born, and I got to pick her up on Saturday! (With all we have going on, I did double check with Mike to make sure it was still OK.
default_wink.png
)

Here is Martin's Mardi Gras Stop and Stare (pending) who will go by S2 around here. (She's a full sister to our Congress Reserve Grand Mare, R2).

S2Sept08.jpg

Thanks Leanna for the picture!

Oh I've done my Christmas, Birthday, and Anniversary shopping for the next 10 years!!

First - this gorgeous filly from Ten-L -

Tyrerigthside.jpg

And my retirement gift to myself:

DSC02830.jpg

DSC02833.jpg

DSC02795.jpg

God helped me out and decorated it for me!!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_laugh.png
I've always wanted to own & drive a multi hitch! Still do!
default_wub.png

OK, perfectly matched red ones arrived about 3 weeks ago......with a front end loader, back hoe, etc.
default_laugh.png
Only soft nickers & noses are from the little ones watching "mom" swirl the new red horses around the fields
default_wacko.png
Gotta do what ya gotta do! Right? My living room furniture lost out to this, too. But, good help is hard to find
default_laugh.png

I am looking for an easy entry cart. Harley my little guy needs a job and I thought he and I would do well with a cart. Any ideas on where to purchase one would be appreciated. I live in Arizona.

Photo Bucket won't let me log on to add a pic, but I got myself a lighted horse and carriage for the yard.

I bought my two boy's I posted here and now I'm BROKE. BUT, I have 4 horses that NEED to go into training, so that will start in Jan, that is sorta a Christmas present to myself cause this is been 3 years coming. I show myself but I'm not that good at training them so I need help. It will be an interesting spring seeing how the foals will unfold and IF I can get them trained to show. THAT is my CHRISTMAS WISH, that I can get them TRAINED to start this show season. TJ

Latest posts

Back