Acer Aspire

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya

Reaction score
Do you like it? I just ordered one...I like the size. I just got your basic cheaper one...just to surf internet basically.

pros/cons to it?

Thanks in advance.

My hubby is an IT manager and got some for his work. Much easier for people to carry around to do their presentations with. He said it's plenty fast for simple stuff. He wants to know if you got the 6 cell battery. They run about 6 hours on it. He really likes them!!

I just got the 3 cell battery...says it's good for about 2.5 hrs. I probably should of went ahead and got the 6 cell. I guess I can add that later if I want. I can't wait to get it. I just wanted to surf the net with it, so got the cheapest version I could find, it was only $318. Thanks for the response, if your hubby likes it and he works in IT, it should be perfect for me.

I dont have one but I have to say I have been admiring them -- considered getting one but thought I would wait until my labtop needs to be replaced as I can only use one labtop at a time -- haha
default_smile.png

My friend was thinking of getting one-I wonder about typing on it?? Because it is smaller, will that throw off your typing?

Sonya, let us know how you like it when it arrives, I am interested..

I don't have that one, but I did buy a new Dell Vostro at a great price!
default_smile.png
Really happy with it and I couldn't find a better priced laptop anywhere.

To those that are using it, what is the Linux operating system like?

I think I mentioned it here before, but my brother and I have had terrible luck without regular Acer laptops. His is finally working 'mostly okay' after four trips back to Acer to get fixed...and I finally got a settlement paid on mine after I had to take legal action because it wasn't fixed after about 8 months of repair work.

I got it Christmas Eve and I really like it except for the mouse, I don't like the touchpad/mouse.

My friend was thinking of getting one-I wonder about typing on it?? Because it is smaller, will that throw off your typing?
typing is not difficult on it at all....I type about 65 words a minute and it didn't throw me off at all really. I don't know if I'd want to write a novel on it, but even to write a letter on it would be fine.

To those that are using it, what is the Linux operating system like?
mine came with windows xp not the linux.

The only thing I could see being a problem with this is the size...it is tiny which is what I wanted to take to work, on trips, etc...but if you have problems with seeing close up, it could be a problem because it is small. You can make the text bigger just like on any computer, but not all websites will adjust to the larger text, LB was one of them. So if you have trouble seeing up close/small text this laptop would not be for you.

Other than the touchpad, I really like it so far! And the price was right.

I want one. I went to get one yesterday and they were sold out. But I plan on getting one soon. I wanted it for traveling with and I like the smaller compact size.
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back