AMHA pending

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The horse i am looking into has it's AMHA Papers Pending, what dose this mean?
It should mean they have sent away for their registration papers and waiting for them to be coming back soon.
default_wink.png

How old is the horse?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not presume that they have been sent in. Most people will say pending and mean they haven't sent them in yet. I would make sure and ask directly if they are in the AMHA office now or when they were mailed.

but it means they are getting them?
Yes, some have been known to say this, and does not go through maybe because the stallion report was not filed, sometimes and only sometimes things go wrong.

So if you do not know the person, make sure that it is in a contract, that if you put down a deposit, it has too be registered AMHA, or full deposit is returned, just to be safe.

Also mare has to be DNA

Again how old is the horse? that can help us out?

I agree with Karen. You should not presume the paperwork has been sent in yet. Also even if they are sent in it does not mean that all paperwork is correct. We have run in to this problem before. No matter how big the farm is make sure all paperwork is correct and in order.

BTW we have never had a problem with the farm you mentioned.

Just my 2 cents!!!

Just ask them as many questions as you need.

Why at a yearling he is not registered yet? and so on.

They should put you at ease.

If you do not feel comfortable, make sure you have a contract, do not care who they are?

Always try to be safe than sorry.

Good Luck and sounds like soon CONGRATULATIONS is coming.
default_saludando.gif

yuppp, i slightly mentioned it to my mom and i didn't get the "No More Horses" line in normally get. But a mini horse is more reasonable then say the...Clyd i wanted last week! lol

Call the AMHA National Office at 817.783.5600 and ask the registration department if the horse is in pending and if there is a problem. You will have to have the full name of the horse. I have never known Toni to be dishonest.

Latest posts

Back